I'm in shock!

BobMcG
BobMcG Posts: 1,585
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
This is off topic here, but I have to say... I'm in shock!

Last Monday:
While getting gased up for the drive to work, I was talking to a friend who is a local fireman. I bought a ten dollar raffle ticket off him for a drawing that was to be held on Sat. (tonight) at their 68th annual Fireman's Celebration. I told him I'd go the ten bucks for a donation as I never win anything.

Tonight:
It's 21:00hrs and I'm sitting in front of my HS, with the room darkened, and just about to push the play button on the CAL Delta, (got to put the new Legacy sub to work) when the phone rings. I answer it thinking it's my girlfreind. It's a fire company rep. calling to say I won the grand prize! I couldn't believe my ears. The celebration was taking place about a mile and a half from where I live so I said I'd be up to see what I'd won. Get out of town! I won a new 2001 Yamaha 400cc Big Bear 4x4! This lists for $5,400! I just took it for a short spin and put it away.

Like I said, I'm in shock!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited July 2001
    Congratulations Bob, have a blast on it.
    Chris
    Chris :)
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited July 2001
    ....send it my way! In fact, I'd even pick it up for free!

Aaron
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2001
    Uh, not wanting to promote my ignorance (a job that becomes more difficult with each passing day) I have to ask...is that a little motorcyle type thing or what? Congrats! Don't drink and drive. Don't shave and drive. Building model airplanes while driving is a no-no. Speaker re-building while motoring is generally frowned upon. I have many other cautions for you Bob, you will have to cross these bridges as they appear.
    You better let all those firemen ride on it when they ask, or their professional response time might get impacted.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2001
    it's an ATV thing.....

Congrats Bob! Enjoy.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited July 2001
    Thanks for the congrates guys!

I still can't quite grasp it (winning), but doing some hill climbing today helped. It's a blast!

George,
    Yup, it's an ATV thingy. It's a 400cc single cylinder, four stroke engined, four wheeler with four wheel drive, a five speed trans, and reverse. Cargo racks fore an aft.

PS: Most of the firemen I know already have one, and want me to ride with them!
  • mjmcg
    mjmcg Posts: 102
    edited July 2001
    $5,400 ay? That would have made a nice swapper for a used R6, or YZF600R...speaking of which, anyone want to buy an '85 Suzuki 1200??? I'm jonesin' for something that doesn't weigh 600lbs and handles!!!