COVID-19

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 9,164
    edited March 24
    verb wrote: »
    For those that were following the nosedive of the market, and did not notice today! :smile:
    njla7xkat3i3.png
    https://apnews.com/44594c5f80e50524cd6325c00a2da0bd
    bv1a48qotypa.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 10,203
    msg wrote: »
    Woh, step away to get some work done...

Just my unsolicited 2¢ I thought it was pretty obvious @Gardenstater was joking with Jstas, but then again funny occurs to me in most things.

Damn guys, we're all in this together.
    Even those of you who are wrong.

You know what else I think is funny? If any one of the "enemies" here saw his/her nemesis being blasted on another forum, or maybe in real life, I thought, I bet we'd all stick up for each other.

Yep for sure Scott. We all would I'm sure! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 19,409
    Tony M wrote: »
    I went to buy donuts today.

The case was empty! :(

Oh...the traffic was about half or more like it used to be. ;)

Hoarding Donuts! Ok I'm TRIGGERED NOW. Don't make me bring sprinkles to the donut store....LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amplifier: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 - Cables: Kimber Hero XLR; Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire; DH Labs D-75 dig coaxial
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 16,775
    Oly chit you gots sprinkles....?
  • msgmsg Posts: 5,763
    He got *all* the sprinkles!
    I disabled signatures.
  • mark090852mark090852 Posts: 1,009
    edited March 24
    Incorrect Information deleted.

Post edited by mark090852 on
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • KexKex Posts: 4,304
    edited March 24
    Apologies are for pussies, snowflakes and cross dressers!
    Oh wait! :* Must not forget the emoji!
    Alea jacta est!
  • mark090852mark090852 Posts: 1,009
    Thanks Kex. I deleted it.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,466
    Maybe if italy took it more seriously from the start.....just sayin.

Stop comparing Italy to us, apples and oranges.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 4,196
    Jair Bolsonaro, right wing dictator of Brazil. The man who stands idly by while his country burns to the ground.
    Yeah... like we took it seriously. It was the great nothin' burger for over a month.

Just sayin'. 🙄
    Alea jacta est!
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,543
    Kex wrote: »
    Yeah... like we took it seriously. It was the great nothin' burger for over a month.

Still is a ‘nothin' burger’ to some.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1 file player
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Dennis GardnerDennis Gardner Posts: 4,876
    edited March 24
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
    For those that were following the nosedive of the market, and did not notice today! :smile:
    Oh good! Now we've only wiped out DJIA gains for three years and one month, instead of three years and four months! Just don't let Mrs. H. look at the portfolio yet! 😉
    Alea jacta est!
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 14,617
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Still is a ‘nothin' burger’ to some.
    Says the same guy who STILL says that someone called this a hoax.

Fake news man, Fake news.

Drink a beer. Get laid with your five finger discount. Pray for Mary Jane. Listen to some tunes. Please.....just please.....do anything but post your......(fill in the blank)

Tom

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
    Oh good! Now we've only wiped out DJIA gains for three years and one month, instead of three years and four months! Just don't let Mrs. H. look at the portfolio yet! 😉

Where's everybody's hope on this thread? And inspiration? And knowledge that we'll get through this? Am I the only one seeing the positive side of this issue? Sure their is tragedy, and I feel for all of them, but our focus should be on what we can do to help and support. We will get through this!

I see stories like that more and more everyday. Americans helping other Americans. From little kids to big companies volunteering to manufacture goods and fill the supply chain of needed medical equipment. I share what I find on a daily basis, and yet I see a lot of negative vibes if you will, founded or unfounded, that keep repeating.

I for one know and am convinced of the American spirit, to overcome and flourish is the face of crisis. We as a nation have been there, done that. It's what makes us great.

Can you not see it? And if you do, please share with us!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 14,617
    edited March 24
    Am I the only one seeing the positive side of this issue?
    No. To answer your question....you are either a half glass full kinda guy or half glass empty kinda guy.

Everyone should plan for the worst but hope for the best and help out how you can. That's the American way. Rock on bro'.

Tom

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
    USNS Mercy en route to LA! :smile: Love the Navy!
    ylf1er4v7zk0.png
    https://www.navy.mil/view_imagex.asp?id=310511&t=1
  • Dennis GardnerDennis Gardner Posts: 4,876
    On a positive note: Anyone that is always looking for a sure thing should be able to clean up investing in American large companies coming back. Even an index fund could be a great choice for the next 18 or so months. We know that just shy of 30K was a comfortable spot just a few short weeks ago.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
    Rest assured, I absolutely see the positive side, @verb 😉

I have no doubt whatsoever that these losses will be wiped out. The only question that remains IMO is how long will it take.

Reporting season begins again in earnest with the banks in about three weeks. We'll get some insight to Q1 results then. Reporting in July will be key, because that's when we'll see Q2 results. The economy had been robust for over ten years before this all happened, and it will certainly have an impact, now that the bull market has ended. We may have to sacrifice hopes for GDP growth in 2020, but there may be many positive surprises.

Online retail and delivery, for example, can't hire people fast enough. Also, our schools may never be the same: online courses and e-learning are being developed like never before. Teleworking is being developed like never before.

So, some industries will suffer more than others, but America will emerge stronger than ever when all is said and done.
    Alea jacta est!
    Love it Kex my brother! :smile:
    On a positive note: Anyone that is always looking for a sure thing should be able to clean up investing in American large companies coming back. Even an index fund could be a great choice for the next 18 or so months. We know that just shy of 30K was a comfortable spot just a few short weeks ago.

Yep. Buy now! :smile:
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,543
    Depending how long this lasts will determine how much society changes. In Silicon Valley a lot of people are happy with the reduced traffic from people working at home. So there is a call to extend home working after the virus ends.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1 file player
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Depending how long this lasts will determine how much society changes. In Silicon Valley a lot of people are happy with the reduced traffic from people working at home. So there is a call to extend home working after the virus ends.

It will be very interesting how society will change as a result.

Take masks for example. In my many travels to Asia it was not uncommon to see people wearing protective masks. To protect others, as those people were ill. Other reasons include to withstand the high concentrations of air pollution in the cities.

Before now, in the USA you would never see it. Who knows in our future?
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,797
    Apologies are for pussies, snowflakes and cross dressers!
    Oh wait! :* Must not forget the emoji!

Looks like you got all three covered. ;):p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!