COVID-19

Comments

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 16,745
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 1,494
    edited March 20
    verb wrote: »
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Ya know Im not any form of Falcons fan, but everything I hear about that guy down here I like. I wish the Bears had this type of ownership in place.

Yep. Never heard of the guy before. But he did a good deed.

Lots of good deeds coming out. Nice to see.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,779
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I always thought he was singing dirty deeds done to sheep. Learn something new every day.

That is only on the "Lightman Special Edition", released only on Betamax Audio.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • verbverb Posts: 10,203
    Kindness, is infectious! :smile:
    8e5913eyft7x.png
    6hi37hj7tmbu.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,779
    voltz wrote: »
    Starting Monday I am on a 4 week furlough until further notice..as the Senior employee I had the option of working the Skeleton crew but choose to stay home...

I going to smoke 4 pork buts and the vacuum seal 2 of them for my brother..he doesn't know much about cooking and works in the JIG shop and is off for 4 weeks also...
    . and he just bought his new house to find he has a 1 inch tumor on his left side of his brain that messing up his right right..2 months and they have t not told him what they or he can do :(

my county has finally had there 1st case of COV...my brother doesn't stand a chance if he gets it... but I am still working on building the finest 2 channel and Home theater system he ever heard! using my SDA 2 B's..that I stole the crossover from my CRS+'s that Dave Shirley (Wessmassguy) built for me ( they use the same cross-overs DUH)

I been gone alone time from the forum ..I only choose to come back to answer a few PM's to My bothers from another Mother...as most of what I read offline.. never made want to login back in.. Mike Reeter check your PM's and Dave and Scott :)

SAY HEY to you all my Texas Brothers :) you know who the $$$$ your are!!! :)

Gentleman.. many of your are special to me and I will not waste anyone's time to say who you are..because you know who you are already right? Be safe me friends .. as I always miss you..you keep me going thru heck and high water!
    ROCK ON!!! keep the spirit alive! "GO POLKIES!!!!

Darryl

Welcome back Darryl, and hang around a bit. We miss you 'round these parts!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,532
    This is showing how fragile we are. If it isn’t one thing then it is something else.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halenhalen Posts: 611
    edited March 20
    Take care BlueFox. One day I would like to know how everyone came up with the screen names.

Actually I don’t give a damn, just you Blue. Hehe.

hALEN
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 7,388
    Update from NY

Down to one mask per employee, supposedly disposable except not.

Massive amount of cases.

mc9qdzp2qsdu.jpeg
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs TSDx/Bluesound Node 2 -> Emm Labs DAC2x -> Audio Research Reference 40th Anniversary -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers + JL Audio F113v2 x2
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Oppo 105D -> Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2

Main speakers system evolution over the years:
    Klipsch Promedia 4.1 -> Axiom M22ti -> Sonus Faber Concertino -> Sonus Faber Concerto -> Polk LSi7 -> Polk LSi9 -> Martin Logan Mosaic -> AV123 Onix Ref 1 -> Martin Logan Vantage -> AV123 Strata Mini -> Martin Logan Summit -> Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor -> BW 802D2 -> Sonus Faber Stradivari -> Rockport Avior -> BW 802D3 -> BW 800D3 -> ???

Old Gear:
    Speakers:
    BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source:
    Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification:
    Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased) -> ARC 5se -> ARC Ref 40th Anniversary
    Amplification:
    HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer:
    Infinity Entra2 -> SVS 25-31PCi -> SVS 25-31PC+ -> Dual JL Audio F113v2
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 5,423
    Be Safe Joey!

You on the front lines and making a difference!
    You scare me...you have many special young ones at home we all adore! but I know you are there for a reason.

Thanks John ...take care of your family...I know you know how ;)
    Scott thanks for all your support thru everything.

Thanks KP & I hope to finally meet you at Skips house one Day ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,463
    Darryl is good people, nice to see you posting.

Masks, all my nurse family members tell me they are being forced ty o reuse for their whole shift , even wash them. This is not standard protocol and puts them at risk.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
    tonyb wrote: »
    Darryl is good people, nice to see you posting.

Masks, all my nurse family members tell me they are being forced ty o reuse for their whole shift , even wash them. This is not standard protocol and puts them at risk.

Us too

But luckily I stocked up for the Ebola scare so I have enough for me for a couple months supply.
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs TSDx/Bluesound Node 2 -> Emm Labs DAC2x -> Audio Research Reference 40th Anniversary -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers + JL Audio F113v2 x2

Klipsch Promedia 4.1 -> Axiom M22ti -> Sonus Faber Concertino -> Sonus Faber Concerto -> Polk LSi7 -> Polk LSi9 -> Martin Logan Mosaic -> AV123 Onix Ref 1 -> Martin Logan Vantage -> AV123 Strata Mini -> Martin Logan Summit -> Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor -> BW 802D2 -> Sonus Faber Stradivari -> Rockport Avior -> BW 802D3 -> BW 800D3 -> ???

Old Gear:
    Speakers:
    BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source:
    Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification:
    Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased) -> ARC 5se -> ARC Ref 40th Anniversary
    Amplification:
    HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer:
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,463
    Don't you guys have a union rep to make complaints to ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,532
    LOL
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    edited March 21
    tonyb wrote: »
    Don't you guys have a union rep to make complaints to ?

Haha

Physicians are a highly marginalized group and very weak at grouping together.

No union.
    Post edited by Joey_V on
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:

Old Gear:
    Speakers:
    Source:
    Preamplification:
    Amplification:
    Subwoofer:
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,175
    Outstanding Toolfan66!!
    Wow! :smile:
    f2fc9o4d36j7.png
    mtm72xglohsy.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • KexKex Posts: 4,304
    I went to drop one of our vehicles off for service yesterday. We use a local independent repair shop specialized in the brand (they don’t repair anything else).

They will NOT be closing. Business as usual for now, so the shutdown is not draconian. They are considered “essential” in the same way as gas stations.

We’ll see what happens for other businesses next week (Friday was a grace period).

Restaurants and cafés are bound to be among the hardest hit, so we’ve decided to order take-out from any of the neighborhood restaurants and cafés that offer the option (and even some higher end ones do), in case it helps to keep them in business.
    Alea jacta est!
    utqextuu52e8.png
    I'm not surprised, but inspired, as I'm finding more and more stories of kindness in response to these historical times.

53k05c5hcuuh.png
    Two weeks ago, @BlueFox posted this article: COVID-19 Cases Exceed 100,000
    • 20,000 of those cases were outside China, and the W.H.O. was still calling the outbreak an epidemic, but not a pandemic.
    • Now there are almost 290,000 cases. Over 200,000 of those cases are outside China.
    • Cases outside of China have multiplied x10 in two weeks.
    There are almost 20,000 cases in the U.S.A. today, where testing remains very much behind other nations. If those cases are multiplied x10 within two weeks (and everything suggests that they will), we will have 200,000 cases here. In fact, as testing continues to improve, we could see a much higher number in two weeks.
    Alea jacta est!
  • shawn474shawn474 Posts: 3,132
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
    This graph depicts the evolution of cases in the U.S. compared to Italy. I’ve added a column for the U.S. data from last night (March 20).

This confirms that we are likely to see very fast growth in the number of cases, and this is also borne out by the reports from @verb in his building at work.

In my immediate family, two more family members have been notified that they have been in contact with people infected with COVID-19. One of those people is a co-worker. He and his spouse have been put in a mandatory quarantine in Ann Arbor, MI.

9tfhfwzugzk8.jpeg
    Alea jacta est!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!