Comments

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,736
    edited March 2020
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    h3ptecsxu84w.jpeg

One hit wonder. Love this song
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

dhsspeakerservice.com/

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 5,499

I remember that song/video more than any of their other songs. It was their highest-charting song in America, but in their native UK, it was their FIFTH-highest-charting song. :o

Here is a link to their discography, which shows how their singles charted throughout the world: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Flock_of_Seagulls_discography

These are the two other songs that cracked the top 30 of the Billboard Hot 100 in America:

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,736
    Viking64 wrote: »

I remember that song/video more than any of their other songs. It was their highest-charting song in America, but in their native UK, it was their FIFTH-highest-charting song. :o

Here is a link to their discography, which shows how their singles charted throughout the world: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Flock_of_Seagulls_discography

These are the two other songs that cracked the top 30 of the Billboard Hot 100 in America:

Don't remember those other two.
    Was just trying to lighten the tension. This thread is headed for a cliff.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

dhsspeakerservice.com/

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,079
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    ...you go on a tirade about being a 'better American' than I, some how tie Obama into it, and then indirectly call me a moron.

No need to call you a moron at all, and certainly no need for it to be implied. You are doing an admirable job proving that all by yourself.
    How so? Because there are differing political opinions in the world other than yours, or because you belief....what? Please explain....

I admire and respect those with a different opinion, and welcome dialog that is thoughtful and reasoned. You are, at this time anyway, not doing much more than trying to pick an argument with people who have logic and reason on their side.

If I were you, I would step back and try to come up with a better way to frame your position and articulate it. Right now, you look just a bit like Forrest Gump.

John, I beg to differ. There hasn’t been one example in this thread (and many others on this forum) where you have shown admiration and respect for anyone who has a different opinion, despite countering with facts and by the way REAL WORLD experience. One can argue whether they agree with those all day long - you and others have consistently used irrelevant statistics (car accidents, etc) in comparing this to other situations. All that’s fine - this is a very polarizing subject.

BUT don’t resort to name calling and then try to come off as a martyr AND the smartest guy in the room. Neither is true. We can debate the merits of the response, the level of concern that should be placed on this, and on and on......the fact remains that this IS a pandemic whether or not you want to admit it. Neither you, Tony or Jesse have given a viable alternative of what SHOULD have been done. You have railed against the media response and praised the government administration throughout this whole thread and then pretend somehow to state that you’re not making it political.

Here’s what I KNOW - if we look back on this in a year and say we overreacted, I am ok with that. AS LONG AS there are measures in place to protect the small business owners, the retired, the unemployed as a result of this. And bipartisan bills have already started addressing this.....is it good enough? Not yet. Should we give this a chance? I think so given the uncertain nature of this. If we didn’t overreact and we do see a pandemic the likes of which we have never seen (NOT able to predict yet despite you mighty magic 8 ball), are YOU willing to admit that you were wrong? That was rhetorical....as I already know the answer, there is no need to respond.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,371
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amplifier: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,079
    edited March 2020
    steveinaz wrote: »

Steve, the hope is that all this is true. But until we can test at the magnitude required to gather these statistics, it’s the same conjecture as the initial infection and death rates. All these signs are encouraging, VERY encouraging. Social distancing IS working. But we can undo that if we don’t wait for actual numbers instead of conjecture and prediction models. Which is where I am at - we have come this far and shown that we are impacting the spread. So what is the advantage of not waiting? I realize unemployment, small business, retirees, retirement funds, etc will continue to be affected. That is not something I or anyone else should take lightly obviously. BUT we have measures in place to help stem that. We do NOT have enough to do this again if we go back to early and it shows another wave.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2020
    nm.
    Post edited by steveinaz on
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amplifier: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi
  • verb
    verb Posts: 9,975
    I wish this guy all the best. fighting the good fight in Detroit!
    p5mcx51u3zuz.png
    q5yw9ku41mob.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cables, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,299
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,475
    edited March 2020
    Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (Official Video)

If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • verb
    edited March 2020
    steveinaz wrote: »

This is interesting, and so true, IMO and experience. Any analytical model without correlation (data) is almost useless. We do that all the time, we have a mathematical model, that serves as a baseline, then we get test data, and try to understand the differences, and adjust the analytical model to match the test data.

The more data you get, the better you are able to correlate, thus making the analytical model more accurate.

Looks like that is what's happening in England.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cables, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2020
    I hope everyone watches this video....^
  • verb
    ypdjm45cxevm.png
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 14,629
    So we all stay inside for two three weeks, practicing social distancing for awhile, what happens when we start to get back out in the big world? Is the virus going to be gone? I doubt it, so it flares back up, or at least it comes back with a vengeance come flu season?? Seriously are we just putting a temporary bandage on the situation?
  • verb
    1s872iher97r.png
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2020
    LA2Vegas-
    Was that a statement, or a question?
  • msg
    msg Posts: 6,383
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    So we all stay inside for two three weeks, practicing social distancing for awhile, what happens when we start to get back out in the big world? Is the virus going to be gone? I doubt it, so it flares back up, or at least it comes back with a vengeance come flu season?? Seriously are we just putting a temporary bandage on the situation?

Yeah, Larry, potential for waves.
    Hopefully there'll be some determination of best practices and plans to come out of these initial waves here and around the world.
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 14,448
    Hehe....now, ya' gotta admit Tony....that was a pretty good one.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 5,499
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Nobody really believed that this issue was going to be remedied with a rather vague 3 week quarantine. Really?

pce7za2c399t.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 11,560
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • steveinaz
    Hey, I laughed at myself getting bird-pooped on.
  • verb
    sde086lgrszk.png
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!