WTB - CD Player

Rick88Rick88 Posts: 13,187
edited December 2 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
I am in need of a good quality CD player as my Cambridge Audio universal BD player is acting up again. I'm currently unemployed so I'm looking for an inexpensive option, but it must be in good condition and include a remote. SACD playback would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

Comments

• NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,615
    edited December 2
    Have you considered ripping your CD's and going digital? CD's are already digital so, more digital? I don't know. Nothing mechanical to break in a network streamer.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Rick88Rick88 Posts: 13,187
    edited December 2
    No, never gonna happen.

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

• jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 1,040
    Is a carousel-type acceptable...DVD player that plays SACD?
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
    I'd really prefer not to have a carousel, but thanks for the offer.

edited December 2

Right now yes, like half that much.

There's also a Marantz CD5005 for $240. The link to it is ridiculous long on my computer for some reason, I don't want to paste it.

Plus I'd rather not deal with ebay right now if possible.

It would be free, except for shipping, if that makes a difference. Either a black Yamaha DVD-C750, or a silver Yamaha DV-C6760. I've been cleaning out my dad's collection. I will likely run across more players in coming weeks, but they will be brands like Yamaha, Sony, Onkyo, etc. - no boutique brands.
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
    Well thank you for the generous offer! :)

If nothing comes up soon I may accept on the DVD-C750.

• GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 2,073
    Can’t beat Jodys offer . . . Can you say SOLD?

No deliberate (‘)
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Salk SuperCharged Surrounds
    Source PSA PWT into NSD Supremo
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Center Salk HT2C
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Wires WW & MIT
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,568
    I second the conversion of cd’s to hard drives. Not an audible difference,and with the addition of a nice DAC later on, it is really a nice way to go.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • tophatjohnnytophatjohnny Posts: 2,703
    I second the conversion of cd’s to hard drives. Not an audible difference,and with the addition of a nice DAC later on, it is really a nice way to go.

100% agree. No looking back and a lot nicer sounding once ripped to the correct settings.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
    Ugh, nevermind. I should have known...

Rick88 wrote: »

Just tossing another option to you is all.

I did some looking around here on CL, and found a Kyocera cdp that was well regarded back in the day. I can probably get it for 100 bucks shipped to you

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ele/d/santa-clarita-kyocera-cd-player/7021571022.html
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 2,527
    I may have a Toshiba 3960 which was a very popular unit for audio a decade ago. May also have a Denon DVD player. I'll look for them if you are interested. Just pay shipping.
  • verbverb Posts: 8,149
    edited December 3
    Wow I read this thread and see such an impressive outpouring of generosity! Love it! Again, this is example of why CP is so great! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 3,410
    PM coming
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII Upgraded by Rich Brkich Pre
    Butler Audio TBD 2250 Amp
    PS Audio DirectStream DAC and MemoryPlayer Transport
    LSA-1 Statement
    SVS SB4000 & SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

Backup Gear:
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,701
    Jody, your a champ.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Jody, you're a champ.
    Fixed it for ya :D
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,534
    Rick88 wrote: »

I did some looking around here on CL, and found a Kyocera cdp that was well regarded back in the day. I can probably get it for 100 bucks shipped to you

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ele/d/santa-clarita-kyocera-cd-player/7021571022.html

The Kyocera designs are sharp IMO, never looking too mass-produced. They were no slouches either. I'm always looking for one local at low cost. :)
    I know... I may go grab this myself tomorrow.

• aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,534
    6e1xp4rce5ko.jpg

Kyocera even made a cool belt-drive turntable.
    Model number?

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,279
    Kyocera PL-910
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,701
    Man, Jody, you and Drew and Jim are all the English teachers I tried to forget. 🤪
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u