Just JB welded some MW6510's. It's been a while.....

headrottheadrott Posts: 5,453
edited November 4 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I received these MW6510's about 3 years ago, and finally got around to JB Welding them today. It's the first time I have done this in about 7 years. Glad I finally got them done. Now I just need to install the tubes (into my DAC) I received from @heiney9 about 10 months ago, LOL!
9phjy0f0n737.jpg
Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
Post edited by headrott on

Comments

• jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 1,015
    I really like the JB Weld Steel Stick for this task. YMMV
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator

Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,453
    Haven't seen or heard of the steel stick. I will look for it the next time I go shopping. Sounds easier than JB Weld liquid (especially with an injured thumb...). Thanks for the suggestion.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • JazzheadJazzhead Posts: 59
    I've also used PC-7 epoxy for the magnet job. At room temperature it stays pretty solid (won't sag or run) so you can form it around the magnet with a knife without mess. If you want the stuff to be less viscous you can hit it with a hair dryer/heatgun which will also kick the reaction a bit faster. When it cures it is absolutely bombproof.