Official Polkfest 2019 - complete with new SDAs!

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,210
    Nightfall wrote: »
    marvda1 wrote: »
    skip already has experience with the finger poke.

This is a family friendly forum sir.

Tell that to my kids.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,484
    Poking dust caps in? Might as well be posting snuff films. Travesty.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,968
    Oh they know not to touch the damn speakers 😂. But they do NOT know how to sit still and be quiet while some old man sits in the sweet spot analyzing every note of take five...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
    There is a place nearby that you could drop them off at for a few hours. Make it a day trip, do your thing, take then to do something here in the area and head back home.
    It’s possible we might have Cambridge step up and add some flavor to the event as well. More to come on that.
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,680
    how about a Kinki room :D
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, North Star Design USB dac32, Cayin Venus cd-100i,
    Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval, Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro,
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,379
    This sucks! I really want to go but have already invested in the annual Cabo excursion. Hey! Maybe next year in Cabo???
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,087
    I should know tomorrow if I can go
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,897
    how about a Kinki room :D

What you and Russ do alone together can STAY at the Hotel :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,697
    monepolk wrote: »
    Pencil me in :)

For the Kinki Room???
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,418
    Polking dust caps in? Might as well be posting snuff films. Travesty.

Fixed that for you, ol' son...

• monepolkmonepolk Posts: 1,040
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    monepolk wrote: »
    Pencil me in :)

For the Kinki Room???

Poor post timing on my part. :s
    for those that don't know in reference to the Kinki room, I have a Kinki Studio integrated amp.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, North Star Design USB dac32, Cayin Venus cd-100i,
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval, Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro,
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,484
    I thought you guys were just misspelling kinky.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,418
    I thought you guys were just misspelling kinky.

Naw... they just have interesting tastes in electronics. :#

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    So I just spoke with a Polkie who was curious if this was worth the trip. In my opinion, yes. I know I’m the host so I’m probably biased but I do put a lot of work into this so that it doesn’t feel like you’re just dropping by some guys house to listen to a system.

If you are on the fence, get off of it! Come meet the Texas brethren.
    What's your landscape like? Any .. um ... bushes
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    What's your landscape like? Any .. um ... bushes

No virgin ones. Russ has already been here.
    Surprised they survived the multiple visits
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 607
    edited September 26
    DSkip wrote: »
    So I just spoke with a Polkie who was curious if this was worth the trip. In my opinion, yes. I know I’m the host so I’m probably biased but I do put a lot of work into this so that it doesn’t feel like you’re just dropping by some guys house to listen to a system.

If you are on the fence, get off of it! Come meet the Texas brethren.

I'd say absolutely. I was at Polkfest 2012 and just meeting the faces behind the CP aliases (and personalities) was worth it. Plus, knowing Skip's reputation, I'm sure you'll have a great Polk day and broaden your horizons with respect to the gear he carries. Yes, I'm sure he'd love for someone to buy his offerings, but you'll probably never get a more straightforward opinion on all things audio.

I'm in the PNW but seriously have thought about flying down for this. Unfortunately, scheduling doesn't work.

Just my .02 cents but these meetups don't come up often. Consider this a Club Polk Public Service Announcement. :smiley:

....Edit to add, showcasing the L800 and I'm sure Skip will give it the attention everyone is wanting!
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, Perfectwave DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: Core Power Technologies EQUI=CORE 1800 Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends FLAC Streamer: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
    Used my Southwest points I'm in!
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

erniejade wrote: »

Oh snap I'm out. . :#

don't forget to bring me some music.

don't forget to bring me some music.

I will have thumb drive in hand!

Skip, are you gonna pm us your address?

edited September 26
    Skip, are you gonna pm us your address?

What fun is that? Some computer tech you are, i found it 10 seconds ago on this start up called Google maybe one day you'll hear of it :p