Squeeze Box what cables to use

Hello everyone,,
question:So just curious as to how most of you folks connect you?re Squeeze Box to your Receiver,pre-amp or DAC (don`t have one yet maybe Christmas)

I?ve had mind for a week.

First I hook it up via Toslink (glass) cable as I never had much time and it sounds great.

On Sunday I changed over to coaxial cable; I notice better bass and it seems like a bit wider soundstage sounds even better.

Now I haven?t tried the RCA cable yet maybe later this week and I?m thinking this is the best way; they are the cheap ones that came with the SB so I will probably try then and pick up a nicer set for comparison to see if I can notice any difference..

Comments

• polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 2,362
    I use a pair of KnuConceptz ICs with locking RCA plugs from my Duet to my preamp. I like the way it sounds using them, but readily admit there are other/better options out there.
    I have not used a coax or toslink so I can't comment on how they compare, but I would definitely advise against using cheap RCA cables.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 898
    I use a decent coax with mine going into a DAC. Don't forget to install the 'enhanced digital output' applet to get the absolute best sound. @msg is a real pro with these...or at least the Squeeze Box Touch. Amazing little devices that were probably ahead of their time!
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator

Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon