Which Subwoofer would be best?

Hello everyone,,
I am currently looking to upgrade my system, I have decided to use RC85i's for all 5 of my HT speakers. I will be driving the theater with a Denon 3808CI. My room dimensions are 11 X 16 with the system on one of the 11 foot walls. What I want to do is place 2 subwoofers at the opposite side of the room and on the opposing corners. My budget is 300.00 per sub using the 300.00 credit for buying the RC85i's. I have used this Foum in the past and found it to be extreme helpful, I look foward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

PS the equipment list below is from 2004 so none of it is relevant anymore.

Comments

• dragon1952dragon1952 Posts: 4,693
    Is this system for HT mainly? In my last house I had 5 x RC85i's and they were really nice for both HT and music, although I was able to prep the spaces during construction and build half-assed enclosures with 2x4's and insulation.
    You can get these refurbished Martin Logan Dynamo 700's on Ebay from Safe and Sound for $309.99 shipped. They were originally around $600 I believe so you'd be getting a good value. I bought one a few months back before springing for my Rythmik and they are very good.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/REFURBISHED-Martin-Logan-Dynamo-700-W-Subwoofer-DYNAMO700W-Newest-Wireless/272422875264?epid=218487059&hash=item3f6dab3080:g:2m0AAOSweWVXepIY
    2 channel - PS Audio Stellar S300 amp, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5 running Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC24, Matrix X-SPDIF 2 USB interface, Blackbird SSD dock with 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO, Tom Tutay modded EE Minimax preamp, Furman Elite 15 Pfi power conditioner, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Kimber 4TC speaker wire, Gabriel Gold Reflection V2 IC's, VH Audio power cords, Wireworld USB and HDMI/I2S cables
    Computer - Windows 7/JRiver, Topping D10 DAC, Fostex PMO.4n monitors
  • johny5johny5 Posts: 3
    I would suggest Polk Audio PSW505 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer based on your requirements.