Played a CD tonight.

Comments

• muncybobmuncybob Posts: 2,146
    Just like I've heard it said, the best way to drink whiskey is how ever you freekin' like it. Same can be said for how you like to listen to music, no?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500, Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Oppo BDP93, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B.
  • tophatjohnnytophatjohnny Posts: 2,666
    muncybob wrote: »
    Just like I've heard it said, the best way to drink whiskey is how ever you freekin' like it. Same can be said for how you like to listen to music, no?

You sipping already??
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,359
    muncybob wrote: »

IV drip.
  • muncybobmuncybob Posts: 2,146
    I'll be drippin' soon :)
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500, Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Oppo BDP93, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B.
    edited July 19
    Willow wrote: »
    I always listen to full albums of Justin Bieber and Celine Dion.......with the volume on mute.

We typically listen to a shuffled playlist. Unless it's vinyl because getting up every 3.5 mins gets lame very fast.

hifi fans were much more fit in those days!
    (jumpin' up to change rekkids after every song -- 'specially in the New Wave days, when 2 minute long songs came back with a vengeance!)

;)
  • sucks2bemesucks2beme Posts: 4,917
    As part of a misspent youth,
    The 1st guy who could stand up
    Had to swap the record and grab
    A round of brews.
    Sometimes it was a few minutes
    for that to happen.
    At some point nobody could stand up.
    Party over. I'm not sure what the modern
    Protocol is.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,180
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    A round of brews.
    for that to happen.
    Protocol is.

Is that a poem? :)
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,379
    Willow wrote: »
    I always listen to full albums of Justin Bieber and Celine Dion.......with the volume on mute.

Funny. I'm listening to Celine Dion right now. Started out listening to Aldo Nova but found out he co-wrote and produced some of her early stuff so had to follow that trail.
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • sucks2bemesucks2beme Posts: 4,917
    BlueFox wrote: »
    A round of brews.
    for that to happen.
    Protocol is.

I have no idea why it posted like that.
    Stupid andriod
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
    Still, it did post in a poetic manner. I like it. :)
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,472
    BlueFox wrote: »
    A round of brews.
    for that to happen.
    Protocol is.

The Club Polk's very own Robert Frost....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 4,134
    Turning this thread from poetry (which was funny) back to the off topic subject of how we listen to our music.

A few people have said they listen to the entire album, some have said they mostly listen to an entire album, but will skip a few songs they don’t like, others have said that they only listen to to “good songs” on an album, and others have said they randomly skip from song to song. I probably do a little of each of these, but tonight I realized something else that I wonder if other people experience. I have some albums that don’t even know the songs on. I can’t skip to the “good songs” because I don’t even know which songs are the good songs, I just know I like the album. I came to this realization tonight listening to Norah Jones. I love her as an artist and listen to her about as much as I listen to any other artist, but I know very few of her songs by name. I just put her music on and listen...and the enjoyment level has gone up since I got her SACD box set.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
    I understand what you are saying about Nora Jones. I have these albums, and listen start to finish.

3w5p316azrra.png

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 1,082
    I have the same issue with Pink Floyd. Most of the handful of PF songs that I like are on either Momentary Lapse of Reason or Division Bell, but the rest are buried in the other albums, and I don’t know their names...
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
    cfrizz wrote: »
    ...There are very few artists that are capable of putting out an entire album where each song sounds totally different and engaging and not just filler for the one or two hits that are on it.

Precisely -

I’ll use the example of Steely Dan’s Aja - as much as I really enjoy several tracks on this album (Peg, Black Cow, Josie, Home At Last), there are a couple (Aja, I Got the News), that I just don’t care for. I’ve heard the ones that I don’t like (many times), and I know I don’t like them - so why would I listen to them on my play list, or listen to them as part of an end-to-end album listening session?

I know, many of you probably have many albums that you enjoy every song on, and in that case, more power to you - listen start to finish, and enjoy! As I said early on, my own listening time is too valuable to me, to listen to songs I don’t care for:-)

Oh for the love of listening can't we all "Please Come To Boston"??🎶 🎶 🎶
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!

Hey! I love that song!
    And I still go to Boston regularly, despite the lousy traffic. :|

• kharp1kharp1 Posts: 3,390
    edited July 21

What about Denver? I know Bob wanted to get out of there, but, the snowfalls are supposed to be nice.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII Upgraded by Rich Brkich Pre
    Butler Audio TBD 2250 Amp
    PS Audio DirectStream DAC and MemoryPlayer Transport
    LSA-1 Statement
    SVS SB4000 & SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

Backup Gear:
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    kharp1 wrote: »

What about Denver? I know Bob wanted to get out of there, but, the snowfalls are supposed to be nice.

Only by the way of Country Roads which would more than likely lead to Kansas so Carry on my wayward son.
    As a Walking Man I do enjoy Country Roads. I love going to Chicago, but, even Jesus Just Left Chicago...wonder if he was in a Red Barchetta or a Pink Cadillac?
    Main System:
    LSA-1 Statement
    SVS SB4000 & SB2000

Secondary Rig:
    Analysus Plus Oval

Backup Gear:
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    kharp1 wrote: »
    As a Walking Man I do enjoy Country Roads. I love going to Chicago, but, even Jesus Just Left Chicago...wonder if he was in a Red Barchetta or a Pink Cadillac?

Jesus is just all right with me....

edited July 22
    As the snow flies, On a cold and grey Chicago ‘morn, another poor little baby child was born...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    Same guy? Top pic looks like he could be a serial killer....

Last time I saw him he was getting down on a bowl of Life! Killing it
    Same guy? Top pic looks like he could be a serial killer....

yup, Sweet Baby James :|

v52548vn8pbo.png
    Last time I saw him he was getting down on a bowl of Life! Killing it

Saw him and Bonnie Raitt last year, maybe one before, and it was a great show.
    Main System:
    LSA-1 Statement
    SVS SB4000 & SB2000

Secondary Rig: