Expensive !!$$$$$$

13»

Comments

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,744
    edited July 25
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Ivan, do you own (and like) Audioquest stuff?

Yes it is all King Cobra except in the case of my 3 meter amp to pre IC's Black Mamba. I've used many of their IC's. I like both the diamondback and King Cobra's. I've also used the evergreen and Topaz series.

You might be onto something Skip. That was just my logical guess is all.
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 3,393
    Here is the response from AudioQuest:

"The difference was conductor quality. It's unfortunate that, as good as good quality silver is, it's expensive. But it's so obviously better than even very high quality copper. However, the new cables are vastly superior to the old models, even comparing new cables at a much lower price to one in the previous line. This is thanks to their design. While conductor quality is obviously a very important element of cable design, it's only part of the story, as the new ZERO cables prove."

That's interesting...I read this article a few days ago and was referencing it when I made my post. Curious which one is true, or, how much of each is true:

https://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.php/component/content/article?id=218:audioquest-wel-signature-interconnects
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII Upgraded by Rich Brkich Pre
    Butler Audio TBD 2250 Amp
    PS Audio DirectStream DAC and MemoryPlayer Transport
    LSA-1 Statement
    SVS SB4000 & SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

Backup Gear:
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,744
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Here is the response from AudioQuest:

"The difference was conductor quality. It's unfortunate that, as good as good quality silver is, it's expensive. But it's so obviously better than even very high quality copper. However, the new cables are vastly superior to the old models, even comparing new cables at a much lower price to one in the previous line. This is thanks to their design. While conductor quality is obviously a very important element of cable design, it's only part of the story, as the new ZERO cables prove."

That's interesting...I read this article a few days ago and was referencing it when I made my post. Curious which one is true, or, how much of each is true:

https://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.php/component/content/article?id=218:audioquest-wel-signature-interconnects

Nice read Kerry :)
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 7,078
    I believe the new AQ line has zero characteristic impedance but they want you to basically buy 2 full looms for each speaker’s mid/hi and bass.

No thank you.

Is it better? Maybe. But I can think of many more things I would rather benefit from for the money.
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs DAC2x and TSDX Transport -> Cary SLP-05 preamp -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2

Old Gear:
    Speakers: BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source: Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification: Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased)
    Amplification: HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer: Infinity Entra2 sub -> SVS 25-31PC+ sub
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,459
    zero characteristic impedance.

all righty then.

• DarqueKnightDarqueKnight Posts: 6,603
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I believe the new AQ line has zero characteristic impedance but they want you to basically buy 2 full looms for each speaker’s mid/hi and bass.

No thank you.

It costs a lot to live well in southern California.

"So hot it burns Mice!"~DK
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member
    "Knowledge, without understanding, is a path to failure."~DK
    "Those who irrationally rail against something or someone that is no threat to them, actually desire (or desire to be like) the thing or person they are railing against."~DK