Norma SC-2b and 8.7mr

DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,751
Someone on the forum is interested in these products and wants to know more. I thought I’d have those who have heard them talk about the experience since many here have heard them. What do you guys think?

Comments

• ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,958
    Arguably,the best *affordable* solid state combo I have ever heard.

I am a Boulder fanboy and I honestly think that the Norma combo you had running at your GTG in October (this combo) was arguably 98% of the way to what I love about the significantly more expensive Boulder gear.

It gives you everything that is great about tubes with the extra lower register weight that is the hallmark of Solid State power.
    I can't think of one area that this combo was lacking in when compared to the MasterSound gear it was playing alongside of.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • I loved these when I heard them at your place, and I'm so glad these lead to you picking up Norma in your stable of products. All the Norma pieces we tried have impressed me.
    Unfortunately, these are outside of my financial reach for now. But believe me, if I had the cash I'd be all over it. I'll be jealous of whoever picks these up.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Sony CDP-CE375 / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > JBL Studio 580 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 2,707
    Skip are you going to post pics/specs and any other “sales” related items here?
    SPEAKERS - ELAC ADANTE AF-61, TOTEM RAINMAKER, SONUS FABER SOLO, DEFINITIVE TECH SM350, MIRAGE OASIS, SONOS PLAY 5 & 1'S, SVS SB16 ULTRA

POWER - PS AUDIO M700, LINN LK240, MARANTZ SR5013

PRE/DACS - PS AUDIO STELLAR GAIN, CAMBRIDGE AUDIO CXN V2

SOURCE - DENON 2910, SONY CDX355, JVC XM448, REGA P2 (MODDED) ANIA CART, REGA FONO MC, XBOX 1 S, TIVO BOLT

POWER/WIRES - AQ NIAGARA 5000, AQ HURRICANE HC (2M), AQ MONSOON HC (2M) , AQ COLORADO XLR (2M & 1M) AND RCAs(1M), AQ VICTORIA(1M), ACOUSTIC ZEN SATORI W JUMPERS(3M), ATLAS EOS PC, WW STRATUS X3/AURORA X1 PC, AQ CARBON HDMIs

MISC- OKKI NOKKI RCM, HARMONY ELITE, SONY 75XBR900E
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,751
    Marvin, Paul, Darryl.... everyone else who came. Feel free to add your thoughts, good or bad. I'll add some pictures soon but I was trying to avoid this becoming a sales thread and more just a thread focused on the gear. They aren't a big brand here in the US and I'd rather everyone else post honest feedback than me come across as a 'pitch guy'.
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 5,192
    The Norma gear was special as Ryan talked about! And it is good looking not that that matters. I would own it and liked the SS part as a nice change from so much tubes LOL.

We listen to it on both several speakers and it work nicely. first was Marvin's Voltera's? cant spell or care to look it up!

then the Sena's and well It sound excellent and took me for a surprise! I had heard of them before and seen adds for them before Skip got a pair in a trade I think. got pictures and some inside pics but holding on posting them ..makes a nice rack system.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
    got some pic for you
    wnyqqru4oe4y.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

you should have seen these in a stack :) looks like my Modwright preamp and amplifier except a touch skinnier :) love me a silver set up! my Modwright does have Tubes in its preamp and I not sure I'd want to do a head to head with these excellent audio pairs ;)

I told my self I was done ...put a fork in me...It was time to stop and smell the roses and get out of that #$%$# rabbits hole! then you go to a another get together and someone hits you in the face with stuff like this?????

• displaynamedisplayname Posts: 225
    Very cool to see the guts. I love that double power supply in the amps.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Sony CDP-CE375 / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > JBL Studio 580 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs