polk 10bs--- prodigy hd2 modded Burson Audio opamps
dcm time windows ---- parasound pre amp
TDQ-1600 Broadcast Reference Tuner -- yamaha cd s700
yamaha px-3 Denon dl-110 --- audioquest ic
carver 1.5t--- bogdan speaker cables
ps audio 200cx--- ps audio phono pre amp

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,237
    I'm not sure that amplifier is a good match for Klipsch.
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • fastz28fastz28 Posts: 569
    edited January 8
    had the polk rti12s with the carver m500t mod mk2 and this sounds so much better
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 928
    600 wpc with Klipsch speakers??? Be careful with that volume knob.
    they say 150 watts cont. /600 watts peak rp 280f
    thinking forte111 or the rf-7111 250W / 1000W peak
    it sounds beautiful i think i can get more with better speakers
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 1,511
    The weak link is your upgrade fever.
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with upgrades, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ XLR's and IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,272
    ask skip about the mastersound "Box" tube integrated amp.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro, MG Audio Design Planus Cu2,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,506
    RF-7II's or 7III's.
    Source: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD/flac | Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2L | Power Amp: Parasound Halo A21 | Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 | Cables: Kimber Hero XLR; Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire; Belden 1694A Dig Coax | AC Power: Panamax M5300-PM
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,397
    joecoulson wrote: »
    The weak link is your upgrade fever.

LOL, A sickness we all have for sure.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    Hard to say what the weak link is...without knowing what kind of sound YOU like or what kind of music you listen to.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,035
    I agree with what a few others have said, I am not sure that amp and speakers are a great match. You mentioned the Forte III. I owned the Forte II's, which I bought from Harry (HB27) for several years. I am not sure what upgrades were done to the version III but I must say when I saw their prices, it threw me for a little bit of sticker shock. The Forte II's were great speakers in their own right but I am struggling to understand the prices of the Forte III's. But back on point, I would recommend finding a nice tube amp to run any Klipsch on. Tubes made my Fortes sing.
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,450
    Are you looking to warm up the system or? What are you looking to do or sound to change to?

I have owned the sunfire 300X2 and sunfire sig II 625X2. Both amps were not bright sounding depending on what speaker taps you use. I imagine your Sig 600X2 that's recapped follows the sound on the Sig I had or close to it.

If your trying to warm it up or more bloom, change preamp. I had the AR sp16 and it was a clean sounding preamp but I wanted more bloom and changed to a Joule. The Joule a quite a bit more boogie to it. Also the dehavilland ultraverve had quite a bit of bloom without loosing detail to it. Even though your AR is tube, to my ears they didn't have that bloom to them.

Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery
    Living Room Elite SC27, LSI25, SDA 3.1TL
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

its the sig 2 i am leaning toward the RF-7II's
    and 2 svs SVS SB16-Ultra
    If your going to stick with the Klipsch speaker line, ya need tubes in that system and you don't need the gobs of SS power.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    what full range tower for $3,000 would be best used would be ok too
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,915
    edited January 9
    fastz28 wrote: »
    what full range tower for $3,000 would be best used would be ok too

Sooo many options. Whatvsound do you like? I am really partial to the dynaudio house sound. It’s fast and dynamic like klipsch towers, but with a much better midrange and smoother highs. You could get some killer towers used for 3k.

I know @steveinaz loves his PSB imagine 2s. I have the bookshelf version and they are outstanding. Used or demo pair be had on audiogon for that price...

I bet @DSkip has some suggestions at that price. Probably starts with a U and ends with sher...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo, Squeezebox Touch
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,637
    edited January 9
    In my personal experience, I would say that your weakest link would be your speakers. I asked the same question on this very board a LONG, long time ago, back when we had freedom of expression and Pterodactyls were flying overhead. Their suggestion to me was the same I am offering you. I am now at the end of my speaker journey, but since this has been suggested to me, I have probably heard well over 400 different sets of speakers ranging from $500,000 to a little over 20 bucks. One thing I have learned is that money means not one damned thing when it comes to speakers (or audio, for that matter).

My advice would be to keep what you have for now, change what you want but start traveling. Go to audio shows, go to your buddies house and listen to his speakers, see what Polk members live near you and go make an afternoon trip to hear what speakers they have. If you travel out of town, preemptively look up to see if they have any audio shops and make it a point to visit and listen.

Take 3 or 4 reference tracks that exemplify what it is that blows your whistle about music and play them on each set of speakers you listen too. Talk about your observations, what you liked, what you didn't like and post your findings on this board. The Polk forum members will observe what you have to say and help to steer you in the right direction. You can learn so much by just doing that. I know because I did. Most importantly, have fun along your audio journey and enjoy the music along the way.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 1,511
    Great advice ^
    Kudos Tom
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with upgrades, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ XLR's and IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
    will these SDA SRS's work with the sunfire sig2?
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,450
    edited January 9
    That is what I ran my sda 1.2's with
    Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery
    Living Room Elite SC27, LSI25, SDA 3.1TL
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

erniejade wrote: »
    That is what I ran my sda 1.2's with

how did it sound?