Best speaker wire

1121314151618»

Comments

  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 41,722
    The cleaner was here and now Paul's and my post make no sense. :/
    Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."


  • displaynamedisplayname Posts: 226
    edited May 25
    tonyb wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »
    These wireworld speaker cables are freaking me out. Detail is superb.

    Placebo....lol.

    Glad your digging 'em. Try this little experiment. Listen to the new cables for about a month, then put the old ones back in. You'll be shocked.
    Digging up an old thread here, this is sound advice that I plan to try. My initial reaction to Wireworld Mini Eclipse 8 is similar to @audioluvr - WW has more top end detail and better imaging compared to my Zu Libtecs. However in A/B testing I'm also finding that it's coming at the expense of same bass... and maybe a little excitement.

    I don't feel that one is absolutely better than the other. It feels like the two cables are trying to fill a different brief. I'm going to run the WW for a few weeks and see if the extra bass of the Libtecs impress me as much as the WW's imaging and space have impressed me today.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Sony CDP-CE375 / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > JBL Studio 580 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,489
    tonyb wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »
    These wireworld speaker cables are freaking me out. Detail is superb.

    Placebo....lol.

    Glad your digging 'em. Try this little experiment. Listen to the new cables for about a month, then put the old ones back in. You'll be shocked.
    Digging up an old thread here, this is sound advice that I plan to try. My initial reaction to Wireworld Mini Eclipse 8 is similar to @audioluvr - WW has more top end detail and better imaging compared to my Zu Libtecs. However in A/B testing I'm also finding that it's coming at the expense of same bass... and maybe a little excitement.

    I don't feel that one is absolutely better than the other. It feels like the two cables are trying to fill a different brief. I'm going to run the WW for a few weeks and see if the extra bass of the Libtecs impress me as much as the WW's imaging and space have impressed me today.

    Thanks for the comparison! Since I got my libtecs on eBay for less than $100 shipped, I think I’ll happily stick with them for awhile...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • displaynamedisplayname Posts: 226
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »
    These wireworld speaker cables are freaking me out. Detail is superb.

    Placebo....lol.

    Glad your digging 'em. Try this little experiment. Listen to the new cables for about a month, then put the old ones back in. You'll be shocked.
    Digging up an old thread here, this is sound advice that I plan to try. My initial reaction to Wireworld Mini Eclipse 8 is similar to @audioluvr - WW has more top end detail and better imaging compared to my Zu Libtecs. However in A/B testing I'm also finding that it's coming at the expense of same bass... and maybe a little excitement.

    I don't feel that one is absolutely better than the other. It feels like the two cables are trying to fill a different brief. I'm going to run the WW for a few weeks and see if the extra bass of the Libtecs impress me as much as the WW's imaging and space have impressed me today.

    Thanks for the comparison! Since I got my libtecs on eBay for less than $100 shipped, I think I’ll happily stick with them for awhile...
    I would 100% recommend that. The Libtecs on Ebay are probably one of the best deals in audio right now when it comes to bang for the buck.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Sony CDP-CE375 / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > JBL Studio 580 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,366
    F1nut wrote: »
    The cleaner was here and now Paul's and my post make no sense. :/
    Is there now somebody coming through and cleaning up our mess?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

    Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

    “If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 41,722
    That was back in January when we still had a mod.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."


  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 2,422
    What would it take, one email or phone call from someone at Polk to someone at Vanilla, and then one or two clicks by a Vanilla employee to give a member here the ability to clean up spam and delete unwanted/inappropriate posts/threads? I don't understand why that can't at least do that.
    2.0/3.0 - Marantz: PM8005 w/HT Bypass, NA8005 | Polk: LSiM703, LSiM706c | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | AudioPrism Quietline MkIII x7 | Sanus UF30 | OC703 Panels

    6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | OC703 Panels
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 13,304
    Hermitism wrote: »
    What would it take, one email or phone call from someone at Polk to someone at Vanilla, and then one or two clicks by a Vanilla employee to give a member here the ability to clean up spam and delete unwanted/inappropriate posts/threads? I don't understand why that can't at least do that.

    and if they picked Bruce :D
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,996
    F1nut wrote: »
    The cleaner was here and now Paul's and my post make no sense. :/

    I don't really need help from a mod for my posts not to make sense :p
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!