Expensive mistake, but a life lesson

While helping our daughter out of our car on Sunday evening, my wife set our son's Nintendo Switch (in its case complete with three games, an extra pair of Joy-Cons, and other items) on top of her car. It didn't make it back inside the house.

It likely took a ride as she left for work yesterday, and we didn't realize it until last night. I quickly drove the path she took, but didn't have any luck finding it. I put out a notification on Nextdoor and our neighborhood Facebook groups, so hopefully someone found it/finds it and reaches out to us.

Although it was expensive to replace (Amazon delivered the replacements late last night), we did so because our son raised half of the funds by selling some of his toys to buy it originally back in January. Because he did such a great thing by selling hot chocolate last December to raise money for St. Jude's Children's Hospital, we funded the other half. He really enjoys the Switch, as do the rest of our family, so we felt it was worth replacing right away. He wasn't upset about it (though my wife felt awful), but we had a talk about how things can be replaced and accidents happen. It wasn't like our dog ran away or someone got hurt, so it was ultimately unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to create a few new resumes and try to rescue my debit card, which hurled itself into the garbage disposal.

Comments

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,460
    Ouch been there done that. Different item of course.
    FYI the rear bumper is another spot I've placed things for a moment only to forget and wonder where it rode to before it jumped off the ride.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,488
    That does hurt. :'( :#

Maybe somebody will post the FOUND ITon Craig's list.

That's cool how he raised some of the money to help pay for it. lessons on what it takes to raise money to buy things or to just get $.

Good luck on somebody posting they found it. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • stretchlstretchl Posts: 1,110
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Ouch been there done that. Different item of course.

Yep. Me too. Good on ya, @John Megadeth, for your levelheaded frame of mind, though.

Reminds me of the time as a college student heading out to a photo assignment I reached into the hatchback area of my VW Rabbit to get my gear out. Grabbed my Domke bag, threw it over my shoulder. Reached down for my brand-newish Nikon F3P camera and threw it over my shoulder. Sadly, the F3's shoulder strap had somehow worked its way loose. It sailed about 3 feet before landing with a metallic thud on the pavement. :s
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Adcom GFA-555ii --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's
    Visuals
    http://StretchPhotography.com
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto