5 LSI7’s, three cherry and two black. Great shape. $550 + shipping

1235»

Comments

• happy to send the speakers back any time, just send a return label.

would love to hear someone explain how that water damaged speaker counts as "great condition."

i'm sure infowars would love to have all of the seller's theories about an elaborate conspiracy to defraud him of $200. hilarious how much someone people would apparently go through for small amounts of money.
  • dbryantdbryant Posts: 518
    Uh, no nothing was colored in with a marker. I dont own any markers.

Im not going to keep going back and forth with you. I have said it time and again.

BTW- to file a chargeback you need to send the items back....

You are not reasonable. Send them back or dont. I dont care at this point
    John Henry you are flat out lying. You dented the ebony speakers. You described them earlier as perfect. The grills left my hands perfect. There is no water damage- what are you even talking about.

No, I am not sending you a shipping label. You deliberately damaged these speakers.

The funny thing is you damaged areas that are easily fixed. The wood panels can be sanded and stained. The grill cloth reattached. Seems interesting.

I will still accept them back minus a damage charge. You need to pay to return them and then i will refund you. Do you understand the process?
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,181
    jhracer3 wrote: »
    happy to send the speakers back any time, just send a return label.

would love to hear someone explain how that water damaged speaker counts as "great condition."

i'm sure infowars would love to have all of the seller's theories about an elaborate conspiracy to defraud him of $200. hilarious how much someone people would apparently go through for small amounts of money.

Ironic.... isn’t it? Hilarious the lengths some would go to for a couple hundred bucks, but then again, who needs a reputation anymore anyway...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    I dont post much but I read a lot of the posts. I have bought and sold a ton of items on this forum in the past 13 years. Never had one problem. Had one amp I sold that got dinged up in shipping and I refunded the guy $50. Cant even remember who.

This is foolish. Im holding back greatly at John Henry rather than say what I truly think and how I feel about dishonesty.

Send the speakers back. Yup, it may cost you $100. You deliberately damaged these speakers. I will refund the full amount upon receipt.

Only option chief. Only offer.
  • now that there are photos the seller has moved from "everything is mint" to OMG its a conspiracy! and "the speakers were perfect when I had them!" guess what, packaging is the sellers responsibility, and shipping plastic grills attached to 25 pound speakers is a very poor choice.

obviously there are a lot of different issues with those speakers, the water damage/marker in particular. at this point I feel its clear to anyone reading that these speakers were significantly not as described. and obviously the seller is not going to send a return label, so this is going to end in a chargeback. tip for anyone else thinking of trying to screw over a buyer on a sale: don't do it, you will lose the chargeback every time.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 41,559
    jhracer3 wrote: »
    now that there are photos the seller has moved from "everything is mint" to OMG its a conspiracy! and "the speakers were perfect when I had them!" guess what, packaging is the sellers responsibility, and shipping plastic grills attached to 25 pound speakers is a very poor choice.

obviously there are a lot of different issues with those speakers, the water damage/marker in particular. at this point I feel its clear to anyone reading that these speakers were significantly not as described. and obviously the seller is not going to send a return label, so this is going to end in a chargeback. tip for anyone else thinking of trying to screw over a buyer on a sale: don't do it, you will lose the chargeback every time.

It's your responsibility to pay for the return shipping.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,932
    dbryant wrote: »
    Not saying this is JHRacer, but John Henry......ya need help.

I don't know who is right or wrong here and I'm not taking sides, however, you should cease with the insults. I get it, you feel wronged, but so does the other party. I don't see how you can say that he deliberately damaged anything. Making an allegation that can't be proven gets no one anywhere. As with most things in life, I believe the answer lies somewhere in the middle. It's likely there was some normal wear and tear on these speakers that you felt didn't detract from their condition, given their age. And it's also likely there was some damage that occurred in transit. For the buyer's part, yes, words like great and super sound good, but they're still subjective. More questions asked and pictures exchanged could have helped both parties. I've photo-documented most items I've shipped and received when both packing and unpacking.

The both of you need to step back and reach a settlement and end this. Yes, it's going to be a lose-lose scenario, and that'll have to do. Lessons learned and move on.
    edited November 2018
    Read the entire thread first mdguy

He sends the speakers back, I provide full refund, case closed. He wants money and the speakers. What is reasonable? That is not.

• mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,932
    dbryant wrote: »
    Read the entire thread first mdguy

He sends the speakers back, I provide full refund, case closed. He wants money and the speakers. What is reasonable? That is not.

Read the whole thing. I know he wants money. Deciding the amount on his own and initiating a pull back without first talking to you wasn't right. I'm suggesting both parties negotiate from there, which is where it is now. Settle somewhere in the middle. Right now there are sunk costs for both of you. No one comes out unscathed. Surely, he doesn't want to pay for shipping both ways to end up with nothing, no more than you want the speakers back now.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!