5 LSI7’s, three cherry and two black. Great shape. $550 + shipping

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 41,012
    edited November 2018
    jhracer3 wrote: »
    When two people air their grievances publicly, comments such as Airplay's are bound to happen. That is why this should have been a private matter from the start.

when bad sales are ignored or quietly swept under the rug, other buys get screwed in the future. i checked his post history and didn't see any other issues so gave him the benefit of the doubt.

when you sell something and misleadingly describe it, you've already acted in bad faith. given that these cost me $105 in shipping, easy solutions are already off the table.

I paid $275 a pair, plus the (nearly useless) single speaker. the going rate for LSi7s in excellent condition on ebay is around $350 a pair, or $250 a pair in poor to acceptable condition. the original selling price is irrelevant. the idea that these speakers were some kind of a giveaway and thus the condition is a free-for-all is absurd.

It's the norm everywhere that if a buyer is not happy with the product they contact the seller first to work it out. You didn't do that, you went straight to Paypal asking for half the money back. Why didn't you contact the seller first?

How about posting pics of the speakers? I can see no damages to the grills on the 3 cherry speakers in the original photos.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• dbryantdbryant Posts: 384
    “Chargebacks are always on the table” is the key phrase here....your agenda is clear. You act like you were somehow victimized so you can make more fraudulent claims.
    dbryant wrote: »
    jhracer3 wrote: »
    When two people air their grievances publicly, comments such as Airplay's are bound to happen. That is why this should have been a private matter from the start.

when bad sales are ignored or quietly swept under the rug, other buys get screwed in the future. i checked his post history and didn't see any other issues so gave him the benefit of the doubt.

when you sell something and misleadingly describe it, you've already acted in bad faith. given that these cost me $105 in shipping, easy solutions are already off the table.

I paid $275 a pair, plus the (nearly useless) single speaker. the going rate for LSi7s in excellent condition on ebay is around $350 a pair, or $250 a pair in poor to acceptable condition. the original selling price is irrelevant. the idea that these speakers were some kind of a giveaway and thus the condition is a free-for-all is absurd.

Using your logic, how were you somehow ripped off? You paid $525 shipped. By your own description you still received a good deal as your ebay prices dont nclude shipping. You say two pairs in poor condition are worth $500 easy then another $100 for a single yet you want all 5 for $200. Wow.....
    All grills and drivers were mint. The cabs werent mint nor were they advertised as such. I took pics of how they sat in my house.

Lets see the pics....
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,282
    Due to the buyer's conduct, I would find any pictures he takes as highly suspect. I would not put it past him to scratch them up just to make it look good for the pictures.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

I agree. I think that is why none have been posted. Its clear he has no intention of sending them back. Since chargeback is his twice mentioned recourse, I have no doubt his next play...
    I faced a similar problem, though nobody here on the forum was involved... here is the thread.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/181133/need-some-advice/p1
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,286
    Be sure to communicate that to Paypal. They are NOT on your side here, and will do everything to burn you, including telling your buyer they are free to keep the speakers AND have their money back as well.

I'm glad you said this as i wanted to earlier but held back.
    Everything said by John is 100% true
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,286
    it is quite informative to note that the buyer has yet to comment in this thread at all since his calling out dbryant….

Speaks VOLUMES! ^^^

I would like to make a comment on the grills. No matter how well packed if they are on the speaker they can get broke. I've found it much better to ship separate from the speakers.
    That was a great thread.

I did put in writing with paypal I would give a full refund if he returns the speakers. If he wasnt happy, all he had to do was respectfully reach out to me. Im a vet as well with 100% service connected PTSD. I dont react well to threatening, angry, internet machido, lol.

The accusations are false. Im happy to have them back.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    it is quite informative to note that the buyer has yet to comment in this thread at all since his calling out dbryant….

Speaks VOLUMES! ^^^

I would like to make a comment on the grills. No matter how well packed if they are on the speaker they can get broke. I've found it much better to ship separate from the speakers.

This is true. I almost sent them separately. They were perfect so if they arent now....

He ranted and left. To me he wants the speakers for free....
    If it can be arranged, I will go pick them up and send them back to you. I did it once, I can do it again.

I appreciate that. Its too bad it could have been that simple. If he had messaged me right away I would have done anything within reason to make sure it was resolved amicably. I know how the speakers left. There were a few blemishes here and there but I thought they presented really well. The pics show they arent beat up with broken grills.
    edited November 2018
    Deleted info
    The black lacquer on all 5 was really nice for their age. No issues with scratching.
    Dents in the wood? There were none
    I would remove the shipping and contact information from that post...

• speaker 1:
    easljz7vqbfr.jpg
    2aoaa541bbby.jpg
    5ery3hkm4epj.jpg
    hbdvlqrb3ajb.jpg
    q50orttj0fu3.jpg
  • speaker 2:

ru3cp4mtg6mx.jpg
    hvyqs3x08io2.jpg
    hvb81r9pu0du.jpg
    xacgpongertd.jpg
  • speaker 3:
    ukc0o20jdkfj.jpg
    o3jx4xunw7dm.jpg
    ahxbye9zg4z3.jpg
    z5p1jo58ktld.jpg
  • jhracer3jhracer3 Posts: 87
    edited November 2018
    speaker 4:
    3436mj6q6xq3.jpg
    c6dwt0p5yuop.jpg
  • speaker 5:

2ke7i2k1sr7u.jpg
    q1pea3yj6cls.jpg
    2e9tr7k2miiw.jpg
    mg4h7oaqjf0p.jpg
    zhiiozxwvywc.jpg
    ids3upmjy597.jpg
    remcmfehgprp.jpg
    ugincrlqsh6i.jpg
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,197
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Posting someone's full name, e-mail address, and home address? Ban-worthy on most internet forums. Damn, this thread has sure turned into some good, old internet fun. YEEHAW! :p

^^^^ How is this helping? LOLOLOLOLOL

I agree, that was below the waist. Let's try to keep things civil.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
    The grills were perfect when they left. You said earlier the ebony speakers were perfect and now they have some marks???

You got jungle juice on the top of that one speaker. That looks like something you did...
    You said the ebony were perfect in your post on this thread and now its dented!
    You did that.....SMH

Piece of work

File a claim you used your own label. Unreal
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Posting someone's full name, e-mail address, and home address? Ban-worthy on most internet forums. Damn, this thread has sure turned into some good, old internet fun. YEEHAW! :p

la2vegas wrote: »

I was posting the paypal complaint. Had nothing to do with any tactics

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 41,012
    Send them back, get your refund and let's be done with this mess.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

You either deliberately damaged them or they suffered some shipping damage from Maine to California. I dont know how many other ways to describe the situation.

SEND THEM BACK

Tho i have an issue refunding when you damaged them....not sure how to address this follishness
  • various points:
    - packaging was OK, certainly not great. the ebonys were together in one box with about 5 layers of bubble wrap on them and are unlikely to have had any shipping damage. the 3 cherry's were together in one box, with a lot less bubble wrap. more importantly there was room for them to shift around in the box, which is the cardinal sin of shipping speakers, especially with UPS. if the broken cherry grill happened in shipping, I believe that, but thats on the seller for stupid packaging. the ebony grill damage is clearly worn through and was not shipping.
    - I'd accomplish what by scratching speakers and then taking photos? being more likely to keep 3 beat up speaker at a lower price? wtf does that gain me? i would have happily passed and paid more for another set if I knew these were in this condition, $100-$200 either way for high quality speakers is irrelevant. i bought all of these solely to get 2 nice cherrys, I had no immediate need for the two ebonys and I don't know why anyone would want a single odd bookshelf speaker (the 5th).

condition notes:
    Speaker 1:
    - obviously in terrible condition. cabinet has significant damage, 2 feet are missing.

Speaker 2:
    - Cabinet is in mostly good shape, I would have rated this one "very good." but the speaker grill is significantly unglued in 2 places.

Speaker 3:
    - cabinet is mostly in good shape except for some weird discoloration at one corner, but the speaker grill is torn in the corner. also no feet on this speaker.

Speaker 4:
    - the only on in "great condition", no issues with this one except that it has no feet, which is easily fixed.

Speaker 5:
    - some kind of f-ing water damage on the side, which has been COLORED IN WITH A MARKER. How do I know that? Its still sticky and smells like marker right there, and you can literally see the individual marker lines. also grill on this one is completely trashed.

Overall, speakers 2, 3, and 4 are mostly fine. If I had received only these, I would have been mildly disappointed and moved on.

Speaker 1 cabinet is beat, but maybe the seller just has very low standards for acceptable scratches etc. I could have ignored this one.

Speaker 5 is the one that absolutely was over the line. Its one thing to claim you didn't know about damage, but this one has been colored in with a marker. Clear and deliberate halfassed repair. As soon as I saw speaker 5 I knew the seller had willingly shafted me, and needed to be called out so no one else bought from him. I'll absolutely file a charge back after being stuck with crap like this, i don't know how anyone could consider speaker 5 to be acceptable.

So I have 2 ebony speakers which are OK, 1 good cherry, and 2 cherry's that are trashed. so i still don't have the pair of cherry's I was looking for.

Oh and you can see he's sort of deranged, posting that paypal screenshot. obviously thats a quick path to getting banned.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!