2018 Texas Audio Fall Shindig - Oct 20

Comments

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,941
    Farmers Tan is locked and loaded.
    You're the best!
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,787
    voltz wrote: »
    Hey Skip the LaQunita is sold out for the dates needed..any room near by you would recommend?

Easy solution Daryl. Fly in to DFW on Friday and drive 2 hours to my house. We get up Saturday and drive 2.5 hours to Skips. Makes sense...right?
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 5,009
    Hey Paul

I'll be driving up and I found a room later that night near the same location! but I appreciate the offer :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
    Hey Paul

I'll be driving up and I found a room later that night near the same location! but I appreciate the offer :)

That's good because my offer was pretty bad :D

Look forward to seeing you there!
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,145
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Hey Paul

Kind of like when you invited me to a football game and then disappeared? :o
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    DSkip wrote: »
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Hey Paul

Kind of like when you invited me to a football game and then disappeared? :o
    Maybe some similarities, but at least the offer I made to you was good. I wasn't going to make you drive two hours just to get in my car and drive two more hours :D :D

Oddly, my nads (not the audio variety) began hurting as soon as I read this post. :p
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,224
    Dskip, is it ok to bring some gear? i have something kinki i can bring >:) .
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro, MG Audio Design Planus Cu2,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,552
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Aww man, if I wasn’t half way across the country...
    Well, you guys have fun! LOTS of pics!

would be cool to meet you someday! hope you get the chance to meet other close by someday...

Right back atcha, for all of you guys! Well, except maybe Russ, I heard he pees in the corner when no one is looking... :wink:

You got it all wrong Russ doesn't care who is watching.....

Shut up Ivan....
    Dskip, are the volterras up and running?
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Dskip, is it ok to bring some gear? i have something kinki i can bring >:) .

Of course.

The Volterra is in pieces right now. It will be back up and running once I get a soldering iron.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    edited September 24
    anyone bringing any toys down? Daryl, you can bring the ushers down to trade them in >:)
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,677
    If I come, I am driving down to be lazy...and most likely passing out in a drunken stupor in Skip's front yard. I can't be expected to bring my own gear that I care about.

Maybe some of Russ'...but definitely not MINE.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    If I come, I am driving down to be lazy...and most likely passing out in a drunken stupor in Skip's front yard. I can't be expected to bring my own gear that I care about.

Maybe some of Russ'...but definitely not MINE.

At my house, passing out happens. Sometimes I wonder why people get a hotel honestly.
    audiothesis.com/

:# Guilty, your Honor....
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,607
    DSkip wrote: »
    At my house, passing out happens. Sometimes I wonder why people get a hotel honestly.

This is why people get hotels. :p

o7frf7cqd36c.jpg
  • Dskip, I haven't bought any audio gears recently and thinking to upgrade some of my gears in near future. It is nice to hear some different gears before spending the coins. I will joint the meet and the wife will be there too.
    Thanks Dskip!
    Living room
    Speakers: McIntosh XR100 Fronts, LSIM707 Fronts, LSIM 706 Center, LSIM 703 Surrounds, LSi/FX Surround backs.
    Player: Oppo 95.
    Amps: Bryston 4B SST, B&K Ref 200.7 S2.
    Pres: B&K Ref 50 S2, Paraound P5.
    Subs: Dual Rythmik F15HP subs.

Man Cave
    Speakers: Martin Logan Vistas.
    Player: OPPO 105.
    Preamp: B&K Ref 50 S2.
    Amp: B&K Ref 125.2 S2
    Sub: Rythmik F12.
    Sub management: SMS-1.
    Headphones: HD800, HD380, RS220, SRH-1840. Headphone amp: Woo WA2.
    Room treatment: GIK Room Kit #1.
    Most likely bringing my buddy Joel down with me.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    thinking about smoking a pork butt.

How do you keep it lit?

Thanks folks! I'll be here all week! Try the veal and don't forget to tip your wait staff!

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,552

he's carrying the bail money I take it.... >:) >:)
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,334

This sounds like a great idea!
    If only you guys weren’t half way across the country... :/
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

he's carrying the bail money I take it.... >:) >:)

Hoping he acts as the shoulder angel since my shoulder devil (Russ) is such a terrible influence.

More gear making the event:

Shunyata Hydra 8
    Harbeth P3-ES2
    McIntosh MC2125
    McIntosh C32
    Audible Illusions Modulus
    Vincent SA-31
    PS Audio GCPH
    Thorens TD 309
    Polk LSiM 703 and 707
    NuForce AVP-18

Just acquired all of this gear tonight. I'll be selling it but trying to hold until after the event.
    audiothesis.com/

• kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,587
    You must spend a lot of time in mall parking lots to get all this white van gear! :)
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,607
    Shindig? I bet it happens the same weekend as Hullabaloo.