AXPONA 2018

Comments

• HermitismHermitism Posts: 2,567
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    3xj7eczksmty.jpg
    We need names to go with faces. I know Russ, Derek and Tony, but what about these three? The guy on the left and the guy in the middle look like they're about to go at it hard. Man, that guy on the left looks pissed.

The guy on the left is thinking, "What did you call me? I'm going to tear your head off."

The guy in the middle is thinking, "Not if I tear your limbs from your body first."

The guy on the right is thinking, "This is going to be the coolest fight ever!"
    2.0/3.0 - Marantz: PM8005 w/HT Bypass, NA8005 | Polk: LSiM703, LSiM706c | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | AudioPrism Quietline MkIII x7 | Sanus UF30 | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 7,044
    hf73a86mqz0s.jpg

The eats, one can work up a appetite after all that listening.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
    edited April 2018
    fbxscn1f8hig.jpg

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Great time enjoyed hanging out with everyone.Tony no reason to send a search and rescue on Russ, opening the passanger door was tempting dude was snoring by the time we got on I88 west had to turn the music up to drown it out. Thanks to Derek for the private Demo sounded great, nice stuff he has in the Italian room.

There was only one noise complaint thanks to Russ, I will leave it up to him to explain that issue.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,598
    edited April 2018
  • ThortonThorton Posts: 1,244
    Great show. It was awesome meeting up with everyone and sharing some laughs. Skip's room sounded great!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: W4S MC-5, AMP2: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
    edited April 2018
    0lovig9u0b3a.jpg
    3xj7eczksmty.jpg

Top picture
    Left. Unblurred picture of Sasquatch who knew it liked pizza.....love ya Russ please don't hurt me :p B)
    On the right (dskip) Derek

Bottom picture
    Left Mike (Thorton)
    Middle Steve (gudnoyez)
    Right Brian (erniejade)

Darn pizza place didn't have a table big enough to sit 8 people. Me I was stuck in between Russ and Tonyb. Talk about a life changing experience I'm going to need a LOT of therapy.....
    Tonyb trying his best to be incognito

myzv1h7mwl7b.jpg

Brian's (erniejade) wife. She was a hoot :D
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,492
    Rockin' good times! It was great to, see y'all again.
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,067
    I had a great time. About to head back up!. A 3 day pass is the only way to see it all. There is way too much to see on a one day or even 2, day. Yep folks, its that big.
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

Hey Mike. They were right. The highchair did make you look as tall as the rest.

I owe you one beer for that one but, you know me, i cannot pass up the opportunity at a joke.
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

edited April 2018
    erniejade wrote: »
    I had a great time. About to head back up!. A 3 day pass is the only way to see it all. There is way too much to see on a one day or even 2, day. Yep folks, its that big.

I had a great time and agree 3 days minimum lots to see, I'm doing art least 2 days next year, in fact I'm ready to drive back this morning who needs more than a couple of hours sleep, ready Russ let's get back on the road. (kidding).

Thornton safe flight back, after LSAF me and Russ are heading up to Michigan through Indy after surprising Ivan unannounced of course. Sorry got to guys.7cz317bvvxuw.jpg

Oh yeah those of you looking to attend, wether it be today or next year the perfect tour guides are Brian and his lovely wife.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• ThortonThorton Posts: 1,244
    erniejade wrote: »
    Hey Mike. They were right. The highchair did make you look as tall as the rest.

I owe you one beer for that one but, you know me, i cannot pass up the opportunity at a joke.

I think I need a couple of extra feet on the chair with the 2 giants.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: W4S MC-5, AMP2: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,598
    Anyone got a pic of the Legacy room ? Don't ask, don't know why I didn't take some myself. Probably because I was constantly try to escape the wet willys from Russ.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,598
    indyhawg wrote: »
    4hc5mrdxvc8s.jpg

That was an excellent sounding room in my opinion.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,334
    tonyb wrote: »
    Anyone got a pic of the Legacy room ? Don't ask, don't know why I didn't take some myself. Probably because I was constantly try to escape the wet willys from Russ.

Unfortunately, I did not. I believe @trav0810 took a couple of pics there.
    edited April 2018
    l4gyj1ccxdhj.jpg
    Legacy room
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• verbverb Posts: 7,911
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    hf73a86mqz0s.jpg

The eats, one can work up a appetite after all that listening.

Chicago style pizza! Love it! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • trav0810trav0810 Posts: 1,058
    9o9j1uiqpwaw.jpg

p90620f2bk1s.jpg

5ydak2cqeif3.jpg

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • trav0810trav0810 Posts: 1,058
    These little HSU speakers were pretty impressive.

f70oah6pxopu.jpg
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
    wekb2ovlckbg.jpg

• marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,667
    give me a breakdown of the sound of the rosso speakers in dskip's room. did he bring any other speakers? if so how do they compare?
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, North Star Design USB dac32, Cayin Venus cd-100i,
    Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval, Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables