dts audio cd's?

shrek001
shrek001 Posts: 51
edited January 2002 in Music & Movies
Does anyone know where I can pick up some dts audio cd's??? tried the web can't find any, tried a few stores can't find any, forget music stores, I ask them and they say" what is that ", I'm looking for the Audio cd's, not the dvd concerts... can anybody help me????
Post edited by shrek001 on

Comments

• wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited January 2002
    ive seen them at best buy

scott:cool:
  • trend1
    trend1 Posts: 36
    edited January 2002
    The WIZ has them in New Jersey.

Trend1
    Mains: Polk RTi 12 (Bi-Wired)
    Center: Polk CSi 5
    Surrounds: Polk FXi 3
    Rear: Polk FXi 3
    Sub: Polk PSW505
    Receiver: Denon 3805
    Power Amp: 2 Outlaw M-Blocks
  • shrek001
    edited January 2002
    trend,

Been to three differen't wiz locations found 1, since DVD-a, and SACD, dts audio has been fazed out, too bad it sounds good, IF dts woud have gotten their act together and didn't have all those prolbrems with meridan and got their technology to the equipment makers earlier, I think it would have caught on....

there are no best buys by me, have to find one..
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2002
    Early on I bought as many DTS CD's, DVD's as I could find. Half of my 200 dvd's are in DTS. I would always seek out the DTS version over the DD one. Now most DVD's come in both DTS and DD on the same disc.

I have now moved on to DVD audio.. it sounds great too. Mostly because I can no longer find DTS CD's.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited January 2002
    Check dstonline.com . I will give you a list of DVDs avalible and liks to stores.

Trend-were are you from in NJ? I lived there for 26 years before moving to Florida.
    Chris :)
  • trend1
    edited January 2002
    Shrek001, The WIZ on Rt.35 in Holmdel, NJ has them in the music department, they have a small box display just to the right next to the video tapes. I just purchased Bonnie Raitt and Foreigner both sound great and cost around $23 each.

trend1
  • trend1
    edited January 2002
    Trend-were are you from in NJ? I lived there for 26 years before moving to Florida.

Hazlet, NJ

trend
  • shrek001
    edited January 2002
    I live in Brick nj, found 2 at the wiz in eatontown next to monmouth mall ( belinda carlisle, bachman-turner overdrive) both sound excellent.. did the wiz in hazlet have anymore of the foreigner???
  • danger boy
    edited January 2002
    Originally posted by CHRIS
    Check dstonline.com . I will give you a list of DVDs avalible and liks to stores.

I checked dtsonline.com and they are not selling them anymore. I would try Ebay for them.
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited January 2002
    You might try this site out... I had good service from them, and they have a DTS Audio section.

http://www.kencranes.com/
  • shrek001
    edited January 2002
    can't order at this time, they are not accepting any applications, thank you anyway, will try www.dvdplanet.com.
  • rtaylor76
    rtaylor76 Posts: 1
    edited January 2002
    Ok, I guess no one has bothered with the standard online distributor CD Now. But, go to thier main page, and on the left down the list is a link for Specialty Formats. Under that, they have listed seperately everything they have in DTS and DVD-Audio. Best Buy does carry a small range of DVD-A, DTS, and SACD, but I do not think you can get them online (have not checked). Sam Goody.com has DVD-A, but you have to know an artist who has one out there. You can always try Music Direct for everying surround sound and hi-fi audio, if you feel like waiting and paying full price, but they do have just about everything DTS, DVD-A, SACD, HDCD, and the like.

www.cdnow.com
    www.samgoody.com
    www.amusicdirect.com
  • shrek001
    edited January 2002
    thank you,

cd now has a nice selection, I was on the site before this, I just missed the specality section.....
  • danger boy
    edited January 2002
    http://www.dvdangle.com/dvd_audio/titles.html

this is a list of whats out on DVD audio and whats to come