Lone Star Audio Fest 2017 - May 5, 6, 7

Comments

• voltzvoltz Posts: 5,217
    DSkip wrote: »
    Usher might be making a showing after all.

2dbwpi0lk16c.jpg

those are still the best looking & sounding bookies I have got my Ears on!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,972
    voltz wrote: »
    Usher might be making a showing after all.

2dbwpi0lk16c.jpg

those are still the best looking & sounding bookies I have got my Ears on!

You won't be saying that this time next week.
    edited May 2017
    LOL now you got me very excited! in a good audio way I should say ;)

if there anything like the Elba's you really have hit another home run, maybe out of the park!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,505
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I have a feeling I'll be hearing this story....

Tom

Look at Ushers above
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    edited May 2017
    I feel like a kid in a candy store o:)

Wondering what all goodies Skip is going to bring us this year!

Plus, I'm off work till the 9th! Can't wait to get there!

Well for a few of us the festivities began last night. Kerry and Mark dropped by to experience most of the wares I have to demo. It was a good night and a great way to jump into the LSAF week.
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,705
    Well for a few of us the festivities began last night. Kerry and Mark dropped by to experience most of the wares I have to demo. It was a good night and a great way to jump into the LSAF week.

Nice! See you fellas sometime Friday morning. Will be medicated to the brim but will be there.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 3,258
    Skip was kind enough to stay up and demo some stuff for Mark and I, was a nice way to end a longgg drive. Was sure of two things when I came down here; 1, I didn't like brisket and 2, I was getting the Ushers. Looks like I was wrong on both counts.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII Upgraded by Rich Brkich Pre
    Butler Audio TBD 2250 Amp
    PS Audio DirectStream DAC and MemoryPlayer Transport
    LSA-1 Statement
    SVS SB4000 & SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

Backup Gear:
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Had short but nice visit at Marvin's
    He's got good stuff :)
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

We dont need to know what happens behinds closed doors Ron :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    giphy.gif

Aw you just jealous ;)

Aw you just jealous ;)

Damn... caught me...
    edited May 2017
    Per Facebook lol...

ry13uk6errs1.png
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,397
    In with 48. $34
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 4,069
    I'll be there tomorrow afternoon with some Basil Hayden's, TX Whiskey, and voltz's CD player. The TX is one of my favorites and I want some of you out of towners who aren't able to buy it to give it a taste. I can say from experience that it goes great with some good music.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
    Come out and hear some good music.

nuom5j8peuy4.jpg
    Wheels up in 30!
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,397
    Wheels up in 15!
    edited May 2017
    GET THE COLD DRINKS READY AND FIRE UP THE TUUUBES
    So sad to leave all this behind for a few...

2w1j78qw0lec.jpg
    12 pack and a handful of mixed drinks already down. Went to bed at 3 am and back at it at 7:30. Welcome to LSAF.

My head is pounding.
    Things are looking up lol

3zxte5eglidd.jpg
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 13,034
    I'll have the same view here shortly. See you fellas in a little bit.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 5,081
    Hope y'all are having fun! Like I tell my kids, have fun and be safe!
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 5,023
    No one's safe...especially the local sheep and goat population with Russ in town!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    Luckily we don't have sheep and goats here, just cows and horses, they're a little pickier
    Apparently my group wasn't the only one talking about the local goat population tonight.