Lone Star Audio Fest 2017 - May 5, 6, 7

Comments

• voltzvoltz Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2017
    I love the look and sound of Josh's Speakers. and he is a Good Man! you will enjoy meeting him.

but so are the Ushers & Rosso's Skip has! you in for a treat! I'm not sure what all Skip is showing this year but it will be a good show!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,219
    We can postpone dinner till the the other losers show up Friday

We will need to call early and let them know we're coming, plus it's a Friday night

If it's going to be a big group, lets get a sound off for those that want to go to dinner Friday night
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,314
    voltz wrote: »
    I love the look and sound of Josh's Speakers. and he is a Good Man! you will enjoy meeting him.

but so are the Ushers & Rosso's Skip has! you in for a treat! I'm not sure what all Skip is showing this year but it will be a good show!

I hear the torch of the A$$less chaps has passed to @DSkip
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,352

I hear the torch of the A$$less chaps has passed to @DSkip

They were pants at one time. I think the rear end of them are still somewhere in an elevator...

I hear stories that if you breathe in deep enough, I still haunt that cabin.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,088
    In for Friday night grubbin'!
    I'm up for what ever works for everyone :) But I think Ron is right about a call ahead on Friday night! or we could be sitting in a parking lot for awhile ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,766
    Count me in...even if I end up getting the petite filet.

As an aside, HUGE shot out to Russ for coming out and framing 3.75 walls of my theater for me. ;)
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,835
    edited February 2017
    I owe you dinner anyways Paul, What day do you think you will be there?
    We went to a Cajun restaurant didn't we?
    If you get a chance to let Skip play with the CDP that would be cool B) had to retype that so others didn't hear it incorrectly ;)

I believe we went to Razoo's last year. Good stuff, but I'll take a steak over it any day.

Whether I come Friday or Saturday will depend on when my son's baseball games are on Saturday.

Yes, I plan to let Skip play with it* before LSAF.

*the Rotel CD player :D
    Post edited by PSOVLSK on
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Count me in...even if I end up getting the petite filet.

As an aside, HUGE shot out to Russ for coming out and framing 3.75 walls of my theater for me. ;)

Where ARE MY PICS!!!!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,306
    you know i'm in B)
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro, MG Audio Design Planus Cu2,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
  • HzTweakerHzTweaker Posts: 458
    edited February 2017
    In for dinner as well. Edit: It'll be nice to meet members of the community. (my pun was funnier but I guess it was too much for the site). o:)
    2ch rig:
    Speakers: Lsi9
    Preamplifier: Parasound P5
    Power Amp: Parasound A23
    CDP: Pioneer DV-563A; the Denon is riding shotgun.
    Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB
    I received confirmation today that I'll have a room that should accommodate the Be-10's. I should be in 205 and 206.

If things keep moving, I might just have a few more unknown products to bring to the show...
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    I saw a Texas Roadhouse just on the other side of 75 highway, it would be easy to get to.

• dkfreebirddkfreebird Posts: 1,070
    Roadhouse is better to me than Saltgrass.I hope to be able to meet up for Friday night.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought
    Rogue Atlas Magnum
    Rogue Magnum 66
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009 Sunfire Signature 425x5-B&W Cdm1nt Cdm Center Channel-Rel Strata iii sub
    Backups Polk Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 7c,2.3tl,SRS2 pin/blade,Polk Crs+ pin/blade with stands.McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,306
    List what you are bringing.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro, MG Audio Design Planus Cu2,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
    It.
    audiothesis.com/

Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    If you get a chance to let Skip play with the CDP that would be cool B) had to retype that so others didn't hear it incorrectly ;)

I believe we went to Razoo's last year. Good stuff, but I'll take a steak over it any day.

Whether I come Friday or Saturday will depend on when my son's baseball games are on Saturday.

Ya' gotta show up my friend, many are traveling from a far, and you're the only one that speaks Texan...we gotta live up to the hype :p ;) B)
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,835
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Ya' gotta show up my friend, many are traveling from a far, and you're the only one that speaks Texan...we gotta live up to the hype :p ;) B)

It's looking like Friday night for me. I'll be there in boots, spurs, and cowboy hat...with a big chew of tabacky. I hope there's room in the parking lot for my 1 ton dually and gooseneck trailer.

Most of that isn't true, but Ron is correct, I will most likely have the most Texan accent of anyone at LSAF.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

It's looking like Friday night for me. I'll be there in boots, spurs, and cowboy hat...with a big chew of tabacky. I hope there's room in the parking lot for my 1 ton dually and gooseneck trailer.

Most of that isn't true, but Ron is correct, I will most likely have the most Texan accent of anyone at LSAF.

Don't lie. We all know you quit tobacco unwillingly. That doesn't make 'most' of that untrue if only one doesn't fit you anymore.

Don't forget the hay for your horses.
    audiothesis.com/

• AsSiMiLaTeDAsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,717
    My attendance probability has been downgraded from definite to probable. Did a flight recently and that didn't go well and set my vision situation back, so flying is out of the question for the foreseeable future, the plan is to drive down but that's a bit of an ordeal and more things to get in the way vs a quick flight.

So I hope to see you guys there, but no guarantees this year.
    ^dislike
    Danny we've had the half dozen LSAF with our group. You'll be missed my friend, hope things work out
    Bumpsky
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,698
    AsSiMiLaTeD, I hope you come this year. I have purchased many a "thing" from you over the years. I'd like to meet the face behind the typing. In other words, it would be nice to meet you face to face.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
    edited April 2017
    Pepster you suck! How about this. Send me a couple 2m powercables to set at the table in your stead lol...
  • AsSiMiLaTeDAsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,717
    I'm driving 12 hours s to get there, and then 12 hours home