Lone Star Audio Fest 2017 - May 5, 6, 7

Comments

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,828
    Gotcha there are 2:30, 6:40, and 8:25 flights out..... will have to figure what I want to do...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,582
    That will all depend on who's on the other end :|
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 5,254
    I planning on showing up Thursday as I can't wait to get away :)
    so if you show up early Friday I'll be around.
    going to Stay Sunday night also and head back Monday!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
    edited February 2017
    And there you go...I might show up early and stay longer....just can't commit at this time

i usually show up Wednesday, but that ain't happening this year
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    Dammit Daryl, If you grab the speakers from Marvin Thursday on your way in...you may talk me into showing up Thursday >:) >:)
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,455
    edited February 2017
    Friday to Monday here. Better room rates. Knock yerselves out.
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,624
    I'll have to bring the speakers Thursday afternoon after work.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, North Star Design USB dac32, Cayin Venus cd-100i,
    Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval, Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro,
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
    If you don't mind and if Ron heads up early. Where you heading up Friday? are you grabbing room?
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

voltz wrote: »
    If you don't mind and if Ron heads up early. Where you heading up Friday? are you grabbing room?
    voltz wrote: »
    Me? Getting a room Friday and Saturday.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, North Star Design USB dac32, Cayin Venus cd-100i,
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval, Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro,
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,115
    I've still got openings in my second room from Thursday through Monday.
    Yes i was curious what you were doing room wise Marvin, If it is not to much of trouble to drop them by and if Ron's shows up, otherwise it can wait till Friday.

i can bring them by thursday afternoon
    We'll light the torch Thursday :)
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,521
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    We'll light the torch Thursday :)

Torch huh? Legal in Texas now too? :D
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
    Nah just an offender
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 5,060
    Gonna be there Friday a little after 9pm and there until Monday at 11am.

Blame Russ...he's an enabler.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

I may do the same... what airport you flying into?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • AsSiMiLaTeDAsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,717
    I plan to be there as well, probably fly in Friday afternoon and leave Sunday

I may do the same... what airport you flying into?

DFW.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I plan to be there as well, probably fly in Friday afternoon and leave Sunday

Welcome back Danny. Good to hear from ya.
    edited February 2017
    Super hyped I will be making it. Wife's only real comment was "If you die in a planecrash I will revive you just to kill you again"....

Russ was there as a witness to said comment.
    Super hyped I will be making it. Wife's only real comment was "If you die in a planecrash I will revive you just to kill you again"....

Russ was there as a witness to said comment.

Scared the bejeebus outta me, too.
    My wife just wants it to be an accident so she gets more money from insurance.

My wife just wants it to be an accident so she gets more money from insurance.

Thats exactly why my wife DOESNT want me to go.... I ain't got nearly enough of that.....

Its a incentive to keep me around hehehe
  • marvda1 wrote: »

Waaaa. You JVM owe na? Waaaa.. So nice. So so nice
  • txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Ask Skip, they're sitting in Dallas at Halens,

All I'm bringing from mi' casa is the Simply Italy for Voltz to play with

Halen sold the MD2's. Haha.
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 4,111
    I just got my son's baseball schedule and he has a tournament on the 7th/8th. I'll be working around the baseball schedule as much as possible because I really want to see all of the guys I know and I really want to meet all of the out of towners who are coming in for the show. Plus, I've got a CDP to deliver to voltz and possibly a sub to deliver to Halen:)

A couple of words for you whiskey drinkers: Basil Haydens. A worker at my local store turned me on to it yesterday and it is goooood. As smooth as a Diamond tweeter.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
    autumnice wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Ask Skip, they're sitting in Dallas at Halens,

All I'm bringing from mi' casa is the Simply Italy for Voltz to play with

Halen sold the MD2's. Haha.

I hunt for a living...hehehhe >:)
    Tickets booked. In around 9:30 on Friday, leave out around 12:30 Monday morning
    Tickets booked. In around 9:30 on Friday, leave out around 12:30 Monday morning

Is that AM or PM on Friday?