Comments

• treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,934
    edited May 2017
    lightman1 wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Man, you gots THAT right. Whoa!!!

Shut up Russ.

Tom

You didn't complain when you woke up next to me Saturday morning.

Great comeback. Damn you. Putz.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
    BTW, that Italian woman had some of the best audio recordings I have heard in a while. From silence to a performance in front of you. That lady has audio taste to the extreme.

NOT kidding either. I'm dead serious.

Glad I have her number. Might even see her again in September along with Joshua at another audio event. S like that is priceless.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,664
    That cd was by Marvin bud. I picked it to play on those speakers. Unless she was playing something else.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,492
    DSkip wrote: »
    Guess I was talking to both lol. Marvin, I have a client who is interested in them. I'm hoping you'll let me bring him over to hear them. He missed me somehow on Sunday.

when were you thinking about doing it?
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro, MG Audio Design Planus Cu2,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
    It was something else in another room. Sat down and listened to many different CD's/SACD's/tracks.

I'm quite sure Marvin had some gems as well.

Tom

Gotcha. I never had a chance to listen to that drive.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Guess I was talking to both lol. Marvin, I have a client who is interested in them. I'm hoping you'll let me bring him over to hear them. He missed me somehow on Sunday.

when were you thinking about doing it?

Maybe sometime this weekend or a weeknight? We can talk about it but I wanted to see how the setup was going first.
    audiothesis.com/

200+ 60 watt set amp
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    mike's gr research speaker room
    manzanita audio room
    the kii speaker room $17,000 for the system. six drivers per speaker with a dedicated class d amp per driver, dacs and dsp. one note bass and shrill at times.
    some bluetooth speakers
    clarity audio room these speakers sound nice down from $5000 a year ago to $3000
    room with single driver speakers driven i think with 4 watt amps
    raven audio room with legacy speakers. they had two rooms.
    i think this was the room with the keg of dark beer.
    a corner horn design
    hold onto your hats....$568, 000 horns
    the black hole, an audio group from houston. i heard they blew a speaker saturday night partying.
    more pictures later.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 10,875
    the black hole, an audio group from houston. i heard they blew a speaker saturday night partying.

Amateurs. :)
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 10,875
    hold onto your hats....$568, 000 horns

Nice. Now for some $675,000 horns. :)

Magico Ultimate. Personally, I think they are fugly.

mjsny2mm4qxd.jpg
    soc4f26t944a.jpg

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • HzTweakerHzTweaker Posts: 517
    kharp1 wrote: »
    After meeting several of our members, I feel blessed to have some hair on the head. Damn dudes...

I choose to shave my head, I have tons of hair...it's just all on my back!

Glad I didn't see that^^ at the pool. >:)

I had a great time Texas! Thanks for your hospitality. I'm looking forward to next year.
    2ch rig:
    Speakers: LSi9s
    Preamplifier: Parasound P5
    Power Amp: Parasound A23
    CDP: Denon 1520; RIP Pioneer DV-563A.
    Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,558
    edited May 2017
    BlueFox wrote: »

Amateurs. :)

Nope they were there to have fun, and fun was had. One of my favorite rooms, if not THE favorite. Just good music and some guys kicking back enjoying it.

No prices, no sales pitch just gear music and drinks.

Those speakers sounded PHENOMENAL when I heard them. HUGE soundstage and off axis sound was darned near identical to the sweet spot.

I'd LOVE TO personally thank them for a good time again.

I will write more on the other rooms I visited tomorrow.

And a THANK YOU to @DSkip for playing MY KIND of music just for me a couple times. It was nice to have something other than Diana Krall on repeat. A few of the rooms had a nice selection of my kind of stuff and were gracious enough to let me play it as well.

Nothing like Snoop Dogg on a stack of gear costing like 15k lol.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

To me? Best in show. Not in all aspects of the audio reproduction (read - lowest octaves) but best in show none the less.......and they were going up against some heavy hitters. Very heavy hitters...

2nd place went to El Skipperoonie and JWM. Between those two? Eh, different flavors. I'll expound later on if anyone is interested. Both stellar systems.

3rd place goes to our very own speaker designer of the forum...can you guess? The one, the only...

Tom

• kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,863
    I was in the Black Hole room late, late Saturday night, guess Sunday morning and was listening to some jazz that sounded exceptional. Bass was slightly heavy, but, he was playing Brian Bromberg.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• WardswebWardsweb Posts: 791

What are the pyramid speakers? DIY or boutique manufacturer?
    Living room:Maplenoll turntable, Clearaudio Champion II turntable, Sonic Euphoria pre, EAR 834P phono pre, Shanling CD-T1500 sacd, Auralic Altair DAC/server, PS Audio Quintessence power, ASL AQ1006 845 DT MKII mono block amplifers, DIY Altec/JBL speakers
    Sun room: Roksan Radius 5 turntable, Lounge phono pre, DIY Class A 6H30 linestage, DIY 2A3 amp, Krell CDP, JBL C50 Olympus speakers with custom Smith horns, Klipsch Cornwall III
    Den: Onkyo TX-NR929 receiver, Oppo BDP-103 player, Panamax M5400-PM power, SST Ampzilla 2000 mono blocks, Behringer EP 4000 sub amp, Electrovoice DX-38 active, Klipsch Jubilee speakers, Martin Logan Cinema center, JBL SAT2 surrounds, Danley DTS-10 sub
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,292
    They belonged to Robert a HAS member, Tony's buddy. All I remember is Tony mentioning Scandinavian
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,292
    One thing I won't miss, is the dreadful hotel coffee
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC