Lone Star Audio Fest 2017 - May 5, 6, 7

Comments

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,313
    All quiet on the western front since last night. The remaining polkies are packed up and headed out shortly.

Thanks to all the Texas guys for showing us how it's done and setting the bar high
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,305
    treitz3 wrote: »
    85me5ypo69n5.jpg

I got me a set of ten of the large sized ones. Didn't take them home with me as Joshua was still showing his system when I had to head out to the airport. I told him point balnk, "You are gonna end up with a lot of my money over the next decade or so".

He's agreed to do some custom work for me touching on many aspects of the rig. I figured that I would start with these.

Was it just me or was I the only one that was not impressed by the million dollar system downstairs? I mean, I can appreciate the time and effort he put into it but the end result that hit my ears were.....disappointing, to say the least.

Tom

i stopped when i saw the price of the speakers at $568,000
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro, MG Audio Design Planus Cu2,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
    Leaving on a jet plane... don't know when I'll be back again
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,219
    Safe travels home gentlemen
    Hope you enjoyed the southern hospitality, music, and BBQ especially Kerry. I think he ate BBQ everyday from all over the place

Cheers guys
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,087
    Thanks a bunch, Texas!!!!
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,610
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Thanks a bunch, Texas!!!!

Yes!!
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• KrazyMofo24KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,141
    Sucks I had to miss another one. Daughter took us out with a stomach bug and was pretty much in bed all weekend.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• RuSsMaNRuSsMaN Posts: 17,995
    Fastest weekend of the year. What's the saying about time flies? Although somewhat a blur it was a blast. Good to see old friends and put faces to names of new ones. I'll raise a glass and jam with anyone of you, anytime.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Fastest weekend of the year. What's the saying about time flies? Although somewhat a blur it was a blast. Good to see old friends and put faces to names of new ones. I'll raise a glass and jam with anyone of you, anytime.

Cheers,
    Russ

That include Tom heheheheh
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,697
    I heard that.....

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,320
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    VR3 wrote: »
    Where are the pictures

Everything looks better in person ;)

except Russ a.k.a lightman
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,697
    Man, you gots THAT right. Whoa!!!

Shut up Russ.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,202

Shut up Russ.

Tom

You didn't complain when you woke up next to me Saturday morning.

He was probably still in shock. :*
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
    London Grammar | If I wait | Hey Now.

Check it out.

Thank me later...
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 5,020
    Back home again :(

and Russman said it correctly about time flying but had a awesome 4 days hanging out with everyone again and the new one too!

I cannot put into words what it meant to spend time with all of you that I got to hang out with.

I found some Ushers hanging out in Skip's room - So I stole them and took them home with me >:)
    b4dlgh7ym5yt.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
    voltz wrote: »

and Russman said it correctly about time flying but had a awesome 4 days hanging out with everyone again and the new one too!

I cannot put into words what it meant to spend time with all of you that I got to hang out with.

I found some Ushers hanging out in Skip's room - So I stole them and took them home with me >:)
    b4dlgh7ym5yt.jpg

****! Bring em here when they have time on em lol...

It was Awesome to see Dennis @dkfreebird showing up Saturday and feeling better after all the back problems and Surgery. Glad to see you up and around it doing well again and I'm looking forward to next year. I know you been thru heck and back again with your back!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

^^^^^ Ditto! Always a good time when Dennis is around.

Look at the trees!
    Russ, have you found those sheep yet?
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
  • dkfreebirddkfreebird Posts: 1,070
    It was a great time hanging out again with all of you. Thanks for the dinner Daryl and now I know why I couldn't find Russ to say good bye.Must of went back for seconds. :#

Shut up Russ.

Tom

You didn't complain when you woke up next to me Saturday morning.

2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought
    Rogue Atlas Magnum
    Rogue Magnum 66
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009 Sunfire Signature 425x5-B&W Cdm1nt Cdm Center Channel-Rel Strata iii sub
    Backups Polk Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 7c,2.3tl,SRS2 pin/blade,Polk Crs+ pin/blade with stands.McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 6,814
    voltz wrote: »

b4dlgh7ym5yt.jpg

Congrats on that speaker, I've heard it before. It's a solid choice.
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs DAC2x and TSDX Transport -> Cary SLP-05 preamp -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2

Old Gear:
    Speakers: BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source: Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification: Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased)
    Amplification: HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer: Infinity Entra2 sub -> SVS 25-31PC+ sub
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Russ, have you found those sheep yet?

Hiding behind the trees, Marvin. Did you get my speakers yet?
    no. but i got mine.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,349
    Did you set them up yet?
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    Thanks Joey! Someday I'm Down in Texas again I hope to meet you and get to chat awhile take you to the Ten50 BBQ B)

Skip get a phone call while we are helping him set up and he like oh its from Italy :o

I'm Thinking Tony's relations are giving him a shake up.. but it was the lady From North Star Audio in Italy and she showed up to the show and loves audio and cares about her products!

I do like the like the look of there Silver products they have 2 different silver styles & the silver one they call the Classic was my favorite of the silver finish. stunning unit but also they DAC played Nicely with the Rossio Elsa's? I hope I got the name right but Just Ask Marvin.

It's a good thing Tony wasn't there as he would have fallen in love with this gal from Italy as she cute as sin and loves audio but she Married Tony! has a awesome Accent! o:)

edited May 2017
    DSkip wrote: »
    Did you set them up yet?

if you're talking to me, not yet. moving them upstairs now in stages, 1 beer , 1 box :D
    putting them in the main rig first. thought i was having problems with my ayre amp but changed a tube in my preamp and all seems fine now.
    I did and I'm played with them for about 30 minutes them put them into my pc room for some burn in time :)
    I do like the stands.

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,349
    Guess I was talking to both lol. Marvin, I have a client who is interested in them. I'm hoping you'll let me bring him over to hear them. He missed me somehow on Sunday.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,325
    DSkip wrote: »
    Did you set them up yet?

The sheep?

e125a7h7fesn.jpg
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t