NBP Acoustics Panels - Individual Sales - $30 per panel

Here is the individual sale.

This is a continuation of the thread found here: http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/175209/acoustic-panels#latest

Price per panel does not include shipping, but these are light so it shouldn't be too bad. Payment via paypal gift.

If interested, please post up how many you would like. I currently have 109 in stock but haven't figured out how many I'll be keeping for myself. I know I've got about 4-5 locals jumping in on this and they get priority for obvious reasons.

Comments

• dhart86dhart86 Posts: 1,514
    DSkip.....I'm interested in a couple of panels. Would need shipped to 08081
    Is it possible to see a pic of one of the panels. I may need a few
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > Cayin TA 30 (buzzy-bee mods) >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,894
    dhart86 wrote: »
    DSkip.....I'm interested in a couple of panels. Would need shipped to 08081
    Is it possible to see a pic of one of the panels. I may need a few

Pics are posted in the original thread. Here is the item description:

https://nbpacoustics.com/catalog/standard-color-24x24-panel/
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,989
    Wish I was ready for them...I would order ~40 from you. :(
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • tratlifftratliff Posts: 758
    Count me in. I need to figure out just how many I need. Will spend sometime tonight and let you know.
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, 2 REL Carbon Limited, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Technics RS-1500, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables

Theater
    Yamaha RX-Z9, Legacy Focus SE (same as 2 Channel system), Def Tech C/L/R 2500, Def Tech BP-2X, Def Tech Pro-Monitors, Vizio M-75

Office
    Teac NP-H750, Parasound Ztuner, Audio Engine P4N, Grado SR80, Grado iGrado, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, PC running High Rez files

Living Room
    Yamaha YSP-4100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 60"

Bed Room
    Yamaha YSP-5100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 70"

• gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 6,842
    k933ne3zgcgd.jpg
    rnuf6lsa2tls.jpg

Haven't absolutely any Idea how acoustic panels could help or even if they are needed and if so how many behind the A9s and would red match with black and gold what you say Derek?

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 7,041
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    k933ne3zgcgd.jpg
    rnuf6lsa2tls.jpg

Haven't absolutely any Idea how acoustic panels could help or even if they are needed and if so how many behind the A9s and would red match with black and gold what you say Derek?

There are many things you have to consider with panels and room acoustic treatments. The simplest is first reflection points both along the sides and ceiling (not counting floor).

Then it's not just first reflection points but you have to calculate the secondary and tertiary reflection points that typically cause lower frequency reflections that require a different panel variant than the typically higher frequency first reflection points.

Then you have to calculate your sbir frequency nodes. Add bass traps there.

Then you have to calculate standing waves and then compensate for them.

Plus much more.

The simplest is to figure out your first reflection points.

Those panels skip has for sale have minimal bass absorption given the size. What you'll reduce is slap echo and anything above 250hz. Too much of that and the system sounds unbalanced without proper lower frequency control.

In a regular room if you target the first reflections correctly, you're probably looking at 2 48" panels up front, 2 on each side, 2 in the ceiling, and 2 in the rear (though it depends on seating position, too close to the rear wall and you're better with absorption, too far and you're probably better with diffusion).

So if the panels skip are selling are 24"x48", then you're looking at approx 10.
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs DAC2x and TSDX Transport -> Cary SLP-05 preamp -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2

Old Gear:
    Speakers: BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source: Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification: Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased)
    Amplification: HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer: Infinity Entra2 sub -> SVS 25-31PC+ sub
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 6,842
    Joey sounds confusing to me I guess there is more to it than slapping up a few and calling it a day, thanks for the explanation.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 7,041
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Joey sounds confusing to me I guess there is more to it than slapping up a few and calling it a day, thanks for the explanation.

Took us a while to figure it out, as good as I am with math, my buddy is somehow better. We read through lots of material and experimented and ran scenarios and sweeps, we developed algorithms that we could calculate 1st 2nd and 3rd reflections points and their corresponding frequencies, then we were able to calculate standing waves and sbir frequencies and then we were able to derive constructive and destructive frequency plots based on speaker location and seat position.

You would be served well to start by handling first reflection points. You'd be amazed how much better defined your system becomes. But it's nowhere near enough.
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs DAC2x and TSDX Transport -> Cary SLP-05 preamp -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2

Old Gear:
    Speakers: BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source: Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification: Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased)
    Amplification: HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer: Infinity Entra2 sub -> SVS 25-31PC+ sub
    First reflection points are the most critical. If you don't treat those you will never get a quality soundstage with accurate imaging. There are so many ways to treat a room and each one has its own target frequency. Like Joey said, these are not designed for bass absorption.

Any system can benefit from even basic treatments.
  • adb3daadb3da Posts: 478
    Depending on shipping costs, I would be interested in 4 panels.
    Depending on shipping costs, I would be interested in 4 panels.

I'm looking into options now and will probably defer to another Polkie for assistance in shipping these.
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,612
    DSkip wrote: »
    First reflection points are the most critical. If you don't treat those you will never get a quality soundstage with accurate imaging. There are so many ways to treat a room and each one has its own target frequency. Like Joey said, these are not designed for bass absorption.

Any system can benefit from even basic treatments.
    I remember years ago there was a very good thread on here on figuring out the first reflection point.....but Im too lazy to look it up. What Im generally trying to recall is if the first point was on the side walls or back wall.....anyone, anyone? I have room on my side walls and front walls for these....the back walls are already spoke for with art work....

edited December 2016
    First reflections are where the speaker will reflect first and have a direct line to your ears. This includes all 4 walls and floor and ceiling. The floor usually has carpet or a rug and the ceiling is usually left off as a single first reflection point. All four walls should be treated though.

If you are keeping count, each speaker has a first reflection on each wall, so just treating the walls can leave a total of 8 treated areas.
    I may be in for at least 4.....let me get some measurements tomorrow
    Do me a favor and post up a zip code so I can provide quotes.
    63127 for me. 4 pack of panels.
  • atrusatrus Posts: 12
    Looking for a shipping quote! 02446
  • muncybobmuncybob Posts: 2,067
    Also may be in for 4...zip 17701
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500, Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Oppo BDP93, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B.
  • polkfarmboypolkfarmboy Posts: 5,724
    I urge anyone thats looking to snag some its awesome and better than any 4 figure cable upgrade. I took all my panels down from the back theater to move things and my wife came in and said ' you can really hear your voice echo in hear now'
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,679
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I remember years ago there was a very good thread on here on figuring out the first reflection point.....but Im too lazy to look it up. What Im generally trying to recall is if the first point was on the side walls or back wall.....anyone, anyone? I have room on my side walls and front walls for these....the back walls are already spoke for with art work....

Normally its on the side wall.

The easiest way to find reflection points is to sit in your main listening position and have someone else move a mirror a mirror along the side walls of your room. Whenever you can look into the mirror and see the speakers, thats a reflection point.

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    OK. Update - if you want to order some, please PM me with quantity and full shipping information.
    First 4 panels have been sold.
    I urge anyone thats looking to snag some its awesome and better than any 4 figure cable upgrade. I took all my panels down from the back theater to move things and my wife came in and said ' you can really hear your voice echo in hear now'

To elaborate on this... JimAckley was at my place one night and we were talking in the room. At one point, he just stops talking, looks at me, and starts laughing. I ask him about it and he tells me "I've never been in a room where my voice didn't echo. It's weird not hearing myself talk."

For those who haven't met Jim, he has a voice as deep as lightman's with more volume.

I miss that room.
    Bump. Still waiting for addresses from several guys. Expect shipping to be around $25 for a set of 4.
    Where'd everyone go? Had about a dozen inquiries and one follow through. I'm not upset but I was really hoping this would get some guys into quality panels for less than wholesale cost.
    For anyone on the fence, I must give Skip a shout here. These panels are very well made and mine arrived in one day. I have not had a chance to hang them yet but wanted to post some positive feedback.
    Bump again.