Triode Corporation TRV-88SER KT-88 integrated

DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,315
edited November 2016 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
This unit is gorgeous and barely has any time on it. The build quality is extremely high and its actually even more attractive in person. Right now, I don't have a rig/space that really lends itself to tube gear, so I think I'm going to stay out of the tube arena for just a little big longer. Because of that, you guys have the opportunity to pick this up at a stellar price:

$2000 + shipping/pp fees or gifted.

List on this guy is $3100, so you should save $1000 on a superb amp. It includes remote, tube cage, and wood sides.

http://www.triode.co.jp/english/22.html

5l53qo1va6yk.jpeg
audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
Cabling: Wireworld
TV: Sony XBR-75X940C

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,315
    Bump.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    One and only price drop: $2k to your door, pp gifted.
    audiothesis.com/

Buuump.
    audiothesis.com/

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,995
    Pretty integrated B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• bump for Skip.... He's heading to Chicago from the Texas area around October 21st.... so if your along that route, great way to save some shipping costs and meet another Polkie!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,532
    This thread is from 2016 dude!! Skip, what's you going to be doing around Chicago?
    Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helper: w4s Recovery
    Living Room Teac AI-3000, LSI25, SDA 3.1TL, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 20,550
    edited September 2017
    . . .
    I'm bringing a rig for an event in the area. Want me to drop by?
    audiothesis.com/

• erniejade wrote: »
    This thread is from 2016 dude!! Skip, what's you going to be doing around Chicago?

I know but Iran still for sale...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,532
    Sweet!!! What area are you going to be around??
    Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helper: w4s Recovery
    Living Room Teac AI-3000, LSI25, SDA 3.1TL, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

Somehow, this unit is still here.
    audiothesis.com/

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,652
    I like the front L and R RCA input jacks. Not sure I've ever seen full RCA input on the front plate, usually it's 3.5mm. Very cool!
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    This thing pairs very well with the Harbeth Super HL5+.
    audiothesis.com/

edited February 2018
    . . . . .
  • michaeljhsda2michaeljhsda2 Posts: 1,872
    edited February 2018
    Nice looking amp. Interesting that it has 6 ohm taps instead of 4 ohm taps according to the literature. GLWS
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's w/ RD0198-1's, Sonicap, Mills
    AI-1 Dreadnought
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 1C's stock
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    SDA 2's (side by side tweeters) stock
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,762
    So many "I wish I wasn't dumping all of my extra cash into the basement" moments lately...including this beast.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,293
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    So many "I wish I wasn't dumping all of my extra cash into the basement" moments lately...including this beast.

You know the cats would just sit on/next/under it to keep warm lol.....
    edited February 2018
    Nice looking amp. Interesting that it has 6 ohm taps instead of 4 ohm taps according to the literature. GLWS

Not necessarily a bad idea -- Steve Deckert, e.g., used (uses?) 6 ohm secondaries on his "Zen" SE-84 amplifier series; a cost-effective way to give compatibility to lots of "modern" (lower impedance) loudspeakers with less taps.
  • michaeljhsda2michaeljhsda2 Posts: 1,872
    edited February 2018
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Not necessarily a bad idea -- Steve Deckert, e.g., used (uses?) 6 ohm secondaries on his "Zen" SE-84 amplifier series; a cost-effective way to give compatibility to lots of "modern" (lower impedance) loudspeakers with less taps.

But it also has 8 ohm taps as well...wouldn't 4 ohm taps give it a better range for lack of a better term.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's w/ RD0198-1's, Sonicap, Mills
    AI-1 Dreadnought
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 1C's stock
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    SDA 2's (side by side tweeters) stock
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

But it also has 8 ohm taps as well...wouldn't 4 ohm taps give it a better range for lack of a better term.

Yeah, you're right -- OK, that is odd. No idea.
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,603

You're obviously no thinking this through. You buy this with the proviso that it's going in the basement rig, therefore, just another "basement" renovation cost.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

While I like your thinking, Kerry, the basement currently has 4 complete rigs worth of gear and that isn't including the dedicate theater stuff. :/

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,293
    While I like your thinking, Kerry, the basement currently has 4 complete rigs worth of gear and that isn't including the dedicate theater stuff. :/

I will take a rigs worth of gear off your hands at no cost cost to you so you turnaround and buy this :smile:
    $1,800 plus shipping and you can own this beauty.
    audiothesis.com/

$1,600 plus shipping.
    audiothesis.com/

@lightman1 you know that hotel system we were discussing... >:) o:)

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,077
    @lightman1 you know that hotel system we were discussing... >:) o:)

I'll shoot you in the leg.....
  • WardswebWardsweb Posts: 791
    Wow smoking deal on a great integrated. Japanese point to point build quality. Speaks to my heart. Plenty of power and you get phono and headphone capability. If I didn't already have too many tube amps, I would be all over this. Somebody is going to be very happy.
    Living room:Maplenoll turntable, Clearaudio Champion II turntable, Sonic Euphoria pre, EAR 834P phono pre, Shanling CD-T1500 sacd, Auralic Altair DAC/server, PS Audio Quintessence power, ASL AQ1006 845 DT MKII mono block amplifers, DIY Altec/JBL speakers
    Sun room: Roksan Radius 5 turntable, Lounge phono pre, DIY Class A 6H30 linestage, DIY 2A3 amp, Krell CDP, JBL C50 Olympus speakers with custom Smith horns, Klipsch Cornwall III
    Den: Onkyo TX-NR929 receiver, Oppo BDP-103 player, Panamax M5400-PM power, SST Ampzilla 2000 mono blocks, Behringer EP 4000 sub amp, Electrovoice DX-38 active, Klipsch Jubilee speakers, Martin Logan Cinema center, JBL SAT2 surrounds, Danley DTS-10 sub
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,296
    edited April 2018
    Nice looking piece. I've been building a modest tube or hybrid/tube integrated bookshelf system in my mind the last several months. Been looking at the overseas stuff. I wonder how this puppy would mate up with the Ascend Sierra 2 Reference monitors that have a current Massdrop or the Aurum Cantus LS 2SV MKII at about half the price? I'd love to find out but I'm always broke. $1600, the exact amount for the career change program the Mrs wants to take next month....well the first portion anyway. I'm scrambling to get her enrolled. It looks like a beautiful piece but Priorities Man!

Good luck with the sale!
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,652
    Is this a "SET" tube integrated like the MastersounD products?
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."