For Sale: Marantz PM-15S2 Integrated Amp/Pangea AC-9 Power Cable

I didn't think I'd let go of this one but with all this Focal mania here lately, I have decided to go an entirely different direction for my main setup. The speaker upgrade bug has bitten me once again, and I am going to go with a Professional powered studio monitor, the Focal Solo6 Be. These are not inexpensive and I need to free up some funds, so this must go. Look for a minty Parasound ZDac in silver and maybe another thing or 2 up for sale very soon.

I purchased the amp just over a year ago as a demo, and it looked brand new. I got it in the winter when it is dark in my pad, but when spring arrived and I opened up the door and windows to let the sun shine in, I noticed some light scratches on the top cover in front of the vents. They are not noticeable in normal room lighting, but for full disclosure they are there. Other than that it looks like new. I would say 8/10 on the A-gon scale to be safe.

You'll see in the photos how much I have invested in the amp and Pangea cable (it is 3m). My asking price is $1100 (shipped/insured/PayPal fees paid by me) with the stock power cord, or $1200 shipped with the Pangea.

I'll be selling it here exclusively for a few days, and if it doesn't sell by then I'll put it on the 'gon. Come on, someone buy it so I can avoid Audiogon fees... B)

ovf5hzzdvs09.jpg

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

Comments

• Rick88Rick88 Posts: 13,187
    n2aopkovzyc8.jpg

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

b668sgh8y4fk.jpg

4zgk9qkelquj.jpg

hv72dl67fsa4.jpg

0diux8bjmeg0.jpg

donsmj8s6hon.jpg

avxub3jpowa7.jpg

i3xyy92ng8m1.jpg

yfu0whfvm5g4.jpg

12a9pba14g9i.jpg

rr2h0dvj85rp.jpg

lt54qllo7omt.jpg

If the buyer does not want the Pangea cable, I'll sell it afterwards. Also, for $200 more I will throw in the Parasound ZDac in silver. It is as new and I have the original box, etc... I will be listing it for $225 when I have the time to take pics and make a thread..

md7axrfombqq.jpg

enfnlczqmmqn.jpg

zvffl9vbcsfs.jpg

• mikeyb128mikeyb128 Posts: 2,887
    Those are stunning in silver. Good luck with the sale!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

I am looking for a quick sale, therefore I am changing my original plan and will be listing it on Audiogon later tonight.

Bump

Someone here really should buy this for him/herself for Christmas. You've worked hard this year and deserve it!! :)

Wouldn't you love to have this under your tree??

z4gr5rnzcx9a.jpg

Bump

Bump

edited December 2015
    Polkie only Christmas special ~ $1050 shipped.

Also, I am no longer offering the Pangea cable. I am using it as the main power cable to my APC H15...

Bump

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 43,631
    Hard to believe such a sweet piece of gear like this is still here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

edited December 2015
    F1nut wrote: »
    Hard to believe such a sweet piece of gear like this is still here.

Jesse, I am surprised that this has not sold yet too! I thought it might sell here on CP, but I thought for sure after a couple of weeks on the 'gon it would have sold. You will not find much (if any) better an integrated for this kind of coin in regards to its warm & musical sound quality, gorgeous looks, great build quality, and high end feel.

I am also getting sick and tired of getting lowball offers on Audiogon, since my asking price is already more than fair enough, especially considering I am paying for shipping AND PayPal fees!! :#:#

I am looking to buy a home for myself the first of the New Year so I can finally quit renting. I looked at a place today (more on that later) that I fell in love with and want. The sale of this would greatly help me be able to make an offer next week while I am on my 11 day vacation that just started today. As a New Year's POLKIE ONLY special price of $1K shipped/PayPal fee's paid by the 'ol Rickster... ;):pB)

ovqa7h3xi0i5.jpg

*Sale pending on Audiogon*

• gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 7,211
    Rick hope you get your asking price on the gon, I would love to have my 15s2b SACD player sitting on top of this, but this is the only time I think the black and champagne colors would not of been a good match.

I have some vintage silver and black stuff mixed together but that Marantz gear is just something I would want the colors to match, I hope you get this sold it's beautiful and someone is getting a deal.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
    edited January 2016
    The Audiogon buyer apparently backed out.

I am flabbergasted that this has not sold in a month. I am losing my *ss on this piece..

Bump...

k71de6ed70tl.jpg