what'd i miss???

Options
MTXMAN
MTXMAN Posts: 682
edited February 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
you may have noticed (probably not though) that i've been MIA for a while... basically i just got buisy over the holidays and am just now catching up on my email etc. so anythin important happen since i left... i don't realy want to read 500 posts so fill me in on anything of interest... btw Vinnie hows the truck project comin along and did you pick a setup yet??
Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
Post edited by MTXMAN on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited January 2004
    Options
    didn't miss much - same old same old - truck is comin ok (in my head at least) - got a call from the dude a week ago - so i should have it in my possession soon (week or two hopefully).

bad news is they want 1,800 more to add it as a second car to my insurance. so i think im going to leave it off the road for a year or two till its all done being worked on - hell by then i'll be 25 and my insurance will be cheaper anyway.

i'm still debating finding an old hemi and putting it in there... if i gotta do a motor rebuild anyway - might as well do a GOOD motor rebuild. i can probably get a piece of **** old 385 hemi for a grand or so - whereas the 426 is totally outa my ballpark (scrapped ones that need total overhauls go for 5,000 - rebuilt ones for as much as 13,000)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Jesus P. God!!! 426 Hemis go for up to $13K?

I had no idea they were that sought after.

You could pick up a remanufactured 360 and put the screws to it. Remans have a good warranty and 360s can be made to put out some serious grunt. HP in the mid 300's and torque numbers bordering on 400 with only some mild mods. Probably would be a lot cheaper than a Hemi and would run pretty damn strong.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited January 2004
    Options
    i've got a 360 in my truck now and it does well over 300 as it is with nothing but an uninhibited air intake and a larger exhaust... ... ... ... and being bored out to a 380 something :)

i don't want a "new" engine in the old truck. i'd prefer something carbureted -- i dont to deal with a computer and O2 sensors...

my motor shopping is pretty much as such...

engines that would need rebuilds:

385 hemi
    the current slant six

engines that wouldn't need rebuilds:

mopar performance 360 crate motor ($2,500 from dodge new in crate)
    3.9L magnum v6 crate motor ($1,800 new in crate from dodge)

but both of those will have computer control, yuck.

i dunno... any other suggestions??
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2004
    Options
    I spend every weekend planted in front of the tv watching Trucks and Horsepower TV. It seems every build up they do they get some kind of crate motor from somewhere but almost never use fuel injection. Its almost always a carb. Id check with Jegs.com. Theyve got pretty much everything you could ever want for a project, including engines. Im sure they can hook you up with exactly what youre wanting.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited February 2004
    Options
    hehehe, i vanished again for a while.....

yeah, when i finally get the late 60's fury convertable i've been dreaming about i'm gonna put a 426 in it... i'll have my masters by then and be bringing in some decent cash as a shrink so it should be affordable... i can't wait till i get it all done up pretty so i can decimate all the ricers in my city... "look at me i have an eclipse with maxwell house exhaust" f$*#ing posers.... only mitsu i respect is the 3000 gt which is esentially a dodge stealth with a different body, hell they're even made in the same plant... lmao, i just remembered the time that i raced a base model eclipse with my saturn and beat the stupid punk cause he had no clue how to shift... poser....
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2004
    Options
    shizzle -- truck is on hold -- dude **** me.... and now i cant find any others that i like...

i may just resort to suping up my current truck until money and time become more apparent and i can go to florida and dig up a phat old style ram.