SC-37 Preouts aren't working

Options
JimAckley
JimAckley Posts: 1,138
edited August 2011 in Electronics
I'm not sure what happened, but my pre-outs aren't working.

I unplugged my subs the other day to put them on my Yamaha to demonstrate it for someone prior to selling it, and when I went to hook them back up today, I'm getting zero signal :(

I've tried different cables to rule that out, and my subs are all still working properly, but I'm not getting jack ____ out of my pres. Any suggestions?
- Computer Rig -
YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
Post edited by JimAckley on

Comments

• JimAckley
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm a f****** idiot. I was plugging them into the multi-ch in. I'm gonna have a beer, sit down, and shutup :biggrin:
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Panic much?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • JimAckley
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Haha, I wouldn't say panic, as it's under warranty, and things do break from time to time, but I was really puzzled at how they would work one day and not the next, and figured I may have hit a button or something.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This happens so often it should be an Audio Mag 'cartoon'. I've done it myself, at least once and uttered pretty much those same words, Jim.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Jim I suggest you move on to the newer Elite line and give me that 37. You see, most of the new models don't have multi-channel inputs (even though they do have preouts) so there would be no more confusion for you :biggrin:
  • JimAckley
    edited August 2011
    Options
    LOL thanks for the vote of confidence Skip. How's the new place coming along? We should grab a brew soon.

cnh, fortunately this is the 1st time I've made this little mistake, but sadly it's probably not the last.

Dan, I'll get right on it. Could you spot me $2k though? haha
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If you would have switched the cable on the subwoofer side to 'line-out' it would have started working again. :tongue: :biggrin:

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • JimAckley
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I wish someone out there had the dough for them. I wanna get 'em sold to make room for my next crazy idea.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Is someone looking to buy something???:biggrin:
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • JimAckley
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That depends on how much power that big amp you've got has.

And fate would have it that someone says "buy" and Marv pokes his head up :biggrin:
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2011
    Options
    JimAckley wrote: »
    I'm a f****** idiot. I was plugging them into the multi-ch in. I'm gonna have a beer, sit down, and shutup :biggrin:
    cnh wrote: »
    This happens so often it should be an Audio Mag 'cartoon'. I've done it myself, at least once and uttered pretty much those same words, Jim.

cnh

:eek::biggrin: ROTFLMAO!!! This is precisely why I drag out my manual, just to make sure I put things correctly where they are supposed to go.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Don't sweat it man , I'm a professional and have done this many times in the past. I have connected the sub to the Multichannel in's and went to calibrate and no sub. I laugh every time I have done this.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited August 2011
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    :eek::biggrin: ROTFLMAO!!! This is precisely why I drag out my manual, just to make sure I put things correctly where they are supposed to go.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You know men don't read instructions:smile:
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a