Power amp problem

Options
Beta
Beta Posts: 267
edited June 2011 in Electronics
I just added a Parasound Halo A23 for my center channel in my HT system (added a second A23 for the surrounds and a A21 for the fronts). I am using an Denon 4310CI AVR as a pre/pro.

I can't get the center channel to produce sound. Spent several hours trouble shooting tonight. I repeatedly checked all connections (power cord, IC, speakers cables etc.) and I am simply stumped.

The the blue left and right channel indicator lights on the front of the A23 being used to for the center do not come on. The blue light behind the power button is very, very dim. The red light behind the ""P" is bright as normal.

Could I possibly have a blown fuse? Wouldn't all the lights on the front of the unit be dead if I blew the fuse? Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated. Thank you kindly for any help one might be able to provide me!
Post edited by Beta on

Comments

• Jer.War
    Jer.War Posts: 180
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Try a different source on the parasound to isolate the problem to the amp or the denon.

[The Ever-Evolving System

LSI15's (PNF Symphony cabels, modded X-Over and subs), LSIC, LSI7's, Rega Apollo CDP (PNF ICON ICs, modified PS cct.), Yamaha RXV-1700 w/ ipod dock, B&K REF200.2 (fronts) Samsung BDP-1600, XBOX360, Patriot Box Office Media Player, 42" Samsung LCD.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2011
    Options
    did you check the fuse(s)?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Beta
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Problem has been isolated to the A23. Replacing fuse later this morning. Thanks.
  • Beta
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Removed the cover of the A23. looked inside at all the fuses. Found one that was blown. Replaced the blown fuse. Problem solved.