The Witcher for $4.99 at Gog.com

DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,209
edited May 2011 in Video Games
Worth a thought or two, especially at the price. I paid $20 for it and was happy with the purchase.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_witcher
Post edited by DSkip on

Comments

• gfonggfong Posts: 1,077
    edited May 2011
    Fun game, great deal at that price!
  • audio_alanaudio_alan Posts: 770
    edited May 2011
    gfong wrote: »
    Fun game, great deal at that price!

+1 ... Great game! Good storyline that changes based on the decisions you make in the game. You can also focus your character's abilities in numerous ways, allowing you to play the type of character you want. Great graphics, interesting character/monster designs. A must for any RPG fan, imo.

There are numerous mods in the community that make the game better too. There is an inventory mod that I think is a must. It makes the game much less frustrating (because you aren't constantly filling up your inventory).
  • fbm211fbm211 Posts: 1,477
    edited May 2011
    Just started playing it.Good deal at 4.99.

Thanks for the Info
    SDA-2BTL with custom IC
    Adcom 565 monoblocks--Monarchy Audio M-10 preamp
    Theta Data Basic Transport--Stello DA100 Signature DAC--Camelot Dragon Pro2 MK III
    Harman Kardon T-55c TT
    DH Labs Q-10 Signature Speaker Cables With Furez silver plated copper bananas
    Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy Cryo-Silver Reference AES/EBU
    Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy Cryo-Silver i2s digital cable
    4 Furutech FP-314Ag with FI-11cu Plugs/FI-11AG IECs--- Power Cords
    DH LABS REVELATIONS ICs-amps
    Revelation Audio Labs Paradise cryo-silver ICs-Source to pre
    edited May 2011
    Cool, enjoy the game! As the game progresses, I suggest you concentrate on the Igni and Aard signs...

Anyone buy The Witcher 2 yet?
  • pikerpiker Posts: 101
    edited May 2011
    audio_alan wrote: »

Anyone buy The Witcher 2 yet?

I am about 12 hours into The Witcher 2 and I'm loving it! I couldn't ever get very far in the first one. I would start and stop because of other games. I didn't really like the combat too much either, so that didn't help. The combat in the second is an improvement for me.
    AVR: Onkyo TX-NR808
    Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 200 watts x 5
    Fronts: Polk Monitor 70 Series II
    Center: Polk CS2 Series II
    Surrounds: Polk Monitor 70 Series II
    Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK4
    HDTV: 73" Mitsubishi DLP-73740 3D-ready
    PS3, 2x XBOX 360, Wii U, Gaming PC.
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, combat on the first game took a little getting used to, but it was worth the learning curve. I've heard the second game's combat can be a bit tricky too, but reviews are saying the same thing... give it some time and then it's great. I can't wait to get the second one, but I might wait for another patch or two to come out before I jump in (and hopefully $20 cheaper too.)
  • gfonggfong Posts: 1,077
    edited May 2011
    Anyone know if Witcher 2 has different PG and R rated versions like the first one did? I bought Witcher 1 when it first came out and grabbed the EU edition. I had heard that the US version was dumbed down for **** and other parts!
  • pikerpiker Posts: 101
    edited May 2011
    Just beat Witcher 2 last night. Nothing dumbed down about this one. In fact, I'm not sure there is any other version other than how the devs intended The Witcher 2 to be.

I think they received too much negative feedback about the first one being different between regions.
    AVR: Onkyo TX-NR808
    Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 200 watts x 5
    Fronts: Polk Monitor 70 Series II
    Center: Polk CS2 Series II
    Surrounds: Polk Monitor 70 Series II
    Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK4
    HDTV: 73" Mitsubishi DLP-73740 3D-ready
    PS3, 2x XBOX 360, Wii U, Gaming PC.