Gas prices just suck.

mantis
mantis Posts: 16,385
edited December 2010 in The Clubhouse
I went to Wawa which is also a gas station and got gas. I filled my tank using only Plus. $58.00. Why does it gotta cost so much just to drive? And thats just gas.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,534
    edited November 2010
    I just filled up at about $75 and was super thrilled.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,799
    edited November 2010
    I just went to speedway and put $1 on pump#4
  • mantis
    edited November 2010
    75 bucks , just madness.
    Dan
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 15,306
    edited November 2010
    I just fill up and drive off!!! All you suckers keep paying for it!!! lol
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 25,771
    edited November 2010
    www.dreamcar123.com - order yours today!
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,830
    edited November 2010
    80 dollars? What do you people drive, aircraft carriers?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,495
    edited November 2010
    A fill up on the Lightning is typically $53 for Sunoco Ultra 93. Used to be Ultra 94 but they dropped it a grade. Dunno why. If I got Sunoco 92, it'd be about $47. The Lincoln, if I drain the tank to the point the low fuel light comes on, fills up for $45 on 87.

The same fill up on the Lightning, just across the bridge in PA, would be almost $30 more. Yeah, I try my best to not buy gas anywhere but NJ.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mantis
    edited November 2010
    I use to run Sunoco Ultra 94 when I owned my Grand National. Gas was like 1.29 a gallon for the 94.
    Dan
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 10,652
    edited November 2010
    $$$

I put in 40.00 every two weeks or three.

I thought about people who drive 30k or more a year. How do they afford it? Tax write offs maybe?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 23,607
    edited November 2010
    Open ANWAR and about half of the other known reserves in this country alone and you get 2 bucks a gallon for the next 75 years! No imports from anywhere else. Combine this with a ten cent a gallon tax for investment in alternative fuels and you have energy independence that truly works and provides for the future....

The best part of this is that we no longer fund the Saudis, and they in turn, no longer fund terrorism with your gas money.

and that's all I got to say 'bout that.:tongue:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Arcam AVR21, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Yamaha CD-S2100 SACD Player.

In retirement...TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive,

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • AudioGenics
    AudioGenics Posts: 2,573
    edited November 2010
    "Gas is so expensive SUV now stands for sport utility victim." --Jay Leno
  • rdb2001
    rdb2001 Posts: 797
    edited November 2010
    My 2007 avalanche just took a mean 85 bucks to fill up. Thanks chevy for the 31 gallon tank. Its starting to remind me of the 115 dollar fillups I had a couple of years ago. That was insanity at its best.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 10,652
    edited November 2010
    Open ANWAR and about half of the other known reserves in this country alone and you get 2 bucks a gallon for the next 75 years! No imports from anywhere else. Combine this with a ten cent a gallon tax for investment in alternative fuels and you have energy independence that truly works and provides for the future....

The best part of this is that we no longer fund the Saudis, and they in turn, no longer fund terrorism with your gas money.

and that's all I got to say 'bout that.:tongue:

Amen to that John!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • PerfectCreature
    PerfectCreature Posts: 1,457
    edited November 2010
    My gas prices are 2.24 for regular. 2.38 for plus and 2.48/gallon for super.
    I usually run plus, filled up my 14 gallon tank and it cost me roughly 32.
    Receiver
    Harman Kardon HK 3490
    Speakers
    Polk Audio Monitor 50s
    Subwoofer
    Klipsch KSW-100
    Cables
    AudioQuest Rocket 33s 10ft
    AudioQuest Optilink1 2m
    AudioQuest Alpha-Snake 25ft Interconnect
    AudioQuest HDMI-1 2m

Alienware X51 R2
    PS4
    Samsung Smart TV 40" 1080p 3D
  • AudioGenics
    edited November 2010
    accessing all the oil that's available from ANWAR to be pumped – would not be realized until 2026....U.S. Department of Energy
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,300
    edited November 2010
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    I just went to speedway and put $1 on pump#4
    Filling up your cigarette lighter :biggrin::wink:

Wanna complain about price of gaz? Come for a fill-up in Canuck land!

http://www.gasticker.com/

http://www.orlandogasprices.com/

http://www.frugal-rv-travel.com/gas-price.html

I believe your US gallon still cost you less than 3$, am I right?
    Well looks converting our 1.10$ per liter cost about 4$ per US gallon for Canadian! Be happy, there is room for a few more increase before you cost is on par with ours :wink:

My average cost is over 70$ to fill-up my thank, 4 cyl, usually will not last for the week otherwise I have to stay put over the weekend :eek:
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,297
    edited November 2010
    $$ to fill doesn't really help us know what you're paying to fill up. What's your cost per gallon? About $3 right now in the Pacific NW....:mad:
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 23,607
    edited November 2010
    accessing all the oil that's available from ANWAR to be pumped – would not be realized until 2026....U.S. Department of Energy

so.... what in the hell are we waiting for? If the order to drill were given today and it was a priority to make it happen, those fields could begin to come on line in as little as 5 years. Just send the crew from "Extreme Makeover- Home Edition" up there and in may take just a week!:biggrin:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Arcam AVR21, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Yamaha CD-S2100 SACD Player.

In retirement...TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive,

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,300
    edited November 2010
    My gas prices are 2.24 for regular. 2.38 for plus and 2.48/gallon for super.
    I usually run plus, filled up my 14 gallon tank and it cost me roughly 32.
    :eek::eek: Even cheaper than I thought :eek: I got to go to the Us an siphoned thanks and bring it back to Canada, I'd make a fortune :cool:
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2010
    rdb2001 wrote: »
    My 2007 avalanche just took a mean 85 bucks to fill up. Thanks chevy for the 31 gallon tank. Its starting to remind me of the 115 dollar fillups I had a couple of years ago. That was insanity at its best.

Same here....you using premium or something?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • rdb2001
    edited November 2010
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Same here....you using premium or something?

89, at 2.73 a gallon here in TN. It makes for fun times. People always look at me crazy at the gas station when I am filling up because its always an absurd number.
  • rdb2001
    edited November 2010
    Everything in me wants to get rid of it for a car, but when I see at 3 years and 52000 miles its blue book is still close to 22000 for trade in and 24000 for private sale, I feel good about it.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2010
    rdb2001 wrote: »
    Everything in me once to get rid of it for a car, but when I see at 3 years and 52000 miles its blue book is still close to 22000 for trade in and 24000 for private sale, I feel good about it.

You mean the Avalanche? What year? Yeah, my resale is excellent as well. Hit me offline if you want.
  • rdb2001
    edited November 2010
    dorokusai wrote: »
    You mean the Avalanche?

Yeah
  • cheif pontiac
    cheif pontiac Posts: 142
    edited November 2010
    I am powered by legs and fueled with carbs. I have put less than 3,000 miles on my truck this year and under 15,000 for the past 4 years riding my bike. I don't even really think about spending money on gas as I fill up about once a month. Auto insurance is what bites. I spend more on that than gas. along with the $133 i just spent on renewing my plate, that is about 4 months gas for me.
    System:
    Samsung LN46C630
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-V1
    DVD/Blu: Denon 2910/Playstation 3
    Front mains: RT16
    Front presence: F/X 500i
    Center: CS400
    Rear surrounds: RT1000p
    Rear center: RT7
    Subwoofer: PSW505 X 2

2 Channel
    Marantz 2252B
    Technics SL-Q2 turntable
    Kef Q50
  • AudioGenics
    edited November 2010
    price of gasoline

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    $0.95

Kuwait
    $0.82

Caracas , Venezuela
    $0.17
  • rdb2001
    edited November 2010
    I am powered by legs and fueled with carbs. I have put less than 3,000 miles on my truck this year and under 15,000 for the past 4 years riding my bike. I don't even really think about spending money on gas as I fill up about once a month. Auto insurance is what bites. I spend more on that than gas. along with the $133 i just spent on renewing my plate, that is about 4 months gas for me.

You must stay really close to your job. I live 18 miles from work one way. Riding a bike is not an option in the summer when we see 98-100 degrees constantly. And our winters are cold, not as cold as where you are but cold. There is no in btw here. Its really hot or really cold. Seems like fall and spring are just a couple of days lol.
  • greyford1979
    greyford1979 Posts: 750
    edited November 2010
    This is why I very rarely get to drive my 79 F150...lifted, large tires, built motor equals about 7-8 mpg. Doesn't make it very far when gas is from $2.75-just under $3. Compared to the Scion Tc which I fill up only every 2 weeks.
    I love animals, they're delicious!
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,675
    edited November 2010
    How often do you fill up? I don't drive much, only 7 miles to work each way. Could probably go three weeks without a fill up, but I fill up every Friday for about $12. $2.75 a gallon here.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,162
    edited November 2010
    Jstas wrote: »
    Yeah, I try my best to not buy gas anywhere but NJ.
    And THEY pump it for you, too! Go figure. :tongue: