Polk's New RTi lineup :)

Options
jrausch
jrausch Posts: 510
edited June 2003 in Speakers
Polk Audio completely redesigned its popular RTi series of loudspeakers. The RTis occupy the "better" position in Polk's good (R series), better (RTi), best (LSi) hierachy. The refurbished line features new drivers, higher quality cabinets, and handsome cosmetics—including real wood veneers in black oak and cherry.
The range boasts five models: two two-way bookshelf units (the $259.90/pair RTi 4 and the $459.90/pair RTi 6) and three floorstanding models (the RTi 8 at $839.90/pair, the RTi 10 at $1139.90/pair, and the RTi 12 at $1639.90/pair). All feature new generation polymer/mineral composite Dynamic Balance drivers and 1" silk/polymer dome tweeters. The floorstanding models also feature multiple long-throw 7" composite woofers. The entire range utilizes a new variation of Polk's patented Power Port Technology—which reduces port turbulence while improving overall efficiency by 2dB over the previous iteration of the Power Port. The speakers are slated to ship in late summer.
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
Post edited by jrausch on

Comments

• GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Must........not........upgrade...........

No, but those are sweet lookin' They look like B&Ws- which is a good thing in my opinion.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited June 2003
    Options
    They're gonna price the new RTi towers right at the Lsi's? That seems to be a bit bold if ya ask me.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Looks kinda of familiar... don't you agree F1? :D

jr,
    Where'd you get the info?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2003
    Options
    ditto what Tour said, where did you get this info......

They do look like B&W's though.....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I wanna switch the faceplate color schemes..and what's up with that pricetag? Why is the flagship the same price as the midline?
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by LiquidSound
    I wanna switch the faceplate color schemes..and what's up with that pricetag? Why is the flagship the same price as the midline?

Because i am guessing they won't be mid lines anylonger, maybe the lsi will be considered super high line and the new Rti high line, HUH just a thought..:D
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • jkratzer
    jkratzer Posts: 148
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Those new prices don't seem much different from the MSRP prices of the current line of RTi's. Nobody pays MSRP anyway. From the description it seems that the drivers will be very similar to the current generation.

Pricewise,
    RTi4 compares to RTi28,
    RTi6 compares to RTi38,
    RTi8 compares to RTi70,
    RTi10 compares to RTi100,
    Rti12 compars to RTi150,

The model numbering scheme is simple like on the LSi line. I love the new silver faceplate but that would be covered up with the grill.

Very nice Polk. Good job.
    My 7.1 setup consists of:
    Denon 3803
    Panasonic DVD
    RTi70s front
    CSi40 front center
    RTi28s side surround
    FXi30s back surround
    PSW202 Subwoofer - Hey, it's my first sub!
    RCA 46" 4:3 RPTV
  • jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited June 2003
    Options
    This came from the Stereophile.com HE2003 coverage. It's probably Polk's rep info, so it's probably close to the actual numbers they are going with. These are still different designs compared with the LSi's.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • afl
    afl Posts: 9
    edited June 2003
    Options
    No word on new dipole/bipole surround speakers? I'll be looking at picking up a pair of FXi50's at some point...if they're going to replace them I'll wait and see what the new ones look like...

AFL
    Mains: Polk RTi70's
    Center: Polk CSi40
    Surrounds: Polk FXi 50's
    Sub: SVS 20-39PCi
    Receiver: JVC RX-DV3SL
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Those look COOL.

7" drivers in the floorstanders - SWEET. I wonder if the larger bookshelf in that pic (RTi6) is sporting a 7"?

Can anyone say 'RT7'? I'm stoked.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • brettw22
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Can anyone say 'RT7'? I'm stoked.
    Jack the 7's......gimme an updated RT16 and I'm ALLLLLLLLL over them...... :D
  • soul_feast
    soul_feast Posts: 1
    edited June 2003
    Options
    No wonder the RTi70 pair are $498 at Fry's this weekend.
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Wow. Those are cool looking speakers. Crutchfield has all of the current RTi lineup at big discounts too.

So no word yet on what they sound like? +2 db over existing RT line wow that's great. I wonder if they are going to bridge the gap between the current LSi and RTi musically?

F1 and Tour, the cat is out the bag huh? We know about the LSi in walls that are coming and now this.... So still "mums the word on how they sound?".

Paul
  • GZ
    GZ Posts: 343
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Looks like they did away with the raised bezel. Any mention of centers to match?
  • Tour2ma
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by pjdami
    So still "mums the word on how they sound?"
    Actually we did not hear them. They were still on external cross-over boards when we were there an Micah did not want to mess with Engineering's test set-up... One was playing a bit as we swapped to the LSi's, but it was at very low volume...

Looks wise that's the look of the towers we saw. Very decent "cool factor" with the larger model.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited June 2003
    Options
    All I can say is wow. I hope they sound as good as they look. It looks like Polk is really listening to many of us and our input when I look at that speaker.

I can't wait to get my demo on.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I think they're fugly. Sure they look like some B&Ws, but again....! Too much silver tone plastic for me. I wonder how an mi-horn would look on those:p .

How did you get this pic? Are there more? I remember when the LSi line was coming out. It got ugly as far as expectations and foregone conclusions. I realize Polk can't post every new thing on the forum. It's just that some members have spent thousands of dollars and contibuted countless hours in the name of Polk. Whether it be contributing to the news letter, posting reviews, or just telling (or demoing) their friends what Polk has to offer, we've done alot and deserve the rewards.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I agree with Russ, the speaker on the left practically screams RT7.......

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • brettw22
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Tour and F1...

Did the one's that you guys saw on your tour have the grills on or off? I'm wondering if they have redone the logo a bit to go with the new look of the red/white of the current logo. I think that the current logo looks a bit cheap. Cheap may not be the right word, but, for instance, the look of the logo on the LSi's looks just wrong. Then again, with these new speakers (as well as with the LSi's) I wouldn't have the grill on to be honest.

I partially agree with gidrah about the full length of the silver tone plastic (if it goes from top to bottom) of the towers. We'll see..........
  • Tour2ma
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Grills off...

Maybe Micah will now allow me to publish piece of pic I cropped out of the original post to stay in his good graces. While he was standing in front of the left speaker, my camera "happened" to catch the right one as well.

So many more pics I should have taken that day. Could have gotten a group shot of CS... Ken, Lauren and Helen plus other various Dept. heads...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli