heiney9

About

Username
heiney9
Joined
Visits
5,054
Last Active
Roles
Registered
Points
924
Posts
23,340
Badges
35

Comments

  • xschop wrote: » Mighty assumptive Heiny, 1" HDF just like the rest of the enclosure. Ill be making slightly longer aluminum brackets when I go to mount in living room. And thru drilling to make them mount easier/quickly. The RD0194 sounds pret…
  • A steel plate to cover the PR opening? I would think there would be some resonance noise/distortion not only by the way it's fastened to the cabinet but the steel has different deflection characteristics than the cabinet. I would think this might …
  • SDA's had among the lowest bass distortion ever measured by Hirsch Labs, not to mention they have a very flat, extended response. Sounds to me like you mucked up a very good to excellent balance. SDA's had a certain balance, a part of what made …
  • The Ford GT was throw back to an icon, so it has that going for it and I suspect why it tends to garner so much green. Atleast that's a small part of the equation. The top dollar getters are trailer queens w/ almost no miles, still in plastic wrap…
  • All kidding aside, nice car........enjoy it. H9
  • According to FSA people who pay way over the MSRP are going to be last in line to get their cars. Whether in reality that actually happens.....................we'll just have to see. The odds are with you if you let it sit in a humidity controll…
  • Msabot1 wrote: » You're gonna have fun!...LOL!.. No he's not!!! He's saving it as a huge windfall investment 20 years from now! Which means no touchy......just look. H9
  • I read they FCA are building them in the order of lowest payment. Meaning if you pay way over sticker you get yours much, much later and with a higher Serial number. They are trying to curtail the dealer gouging that goes on. So, it depends on …
  • I don' think it's much of a risk as it will always bring you as much or more than you pay if you use it very little and keep it pristine. Just doubt they will be selling at Barrett Jackson auctions in 20 years for $500K - 1M Really for it to be …
  • Jstas wrote: » I think you are extremely optimistic on your assessment of it's potential appreciation over your chosen time period. Yep. Anything pegged as a collectors item today.........most likely won't ever be. That's not to say it wo…
  • Package it however you want to justify your POV. I can assure you semantics isn't the issue. H9
  • DonnerUndBlitzen wrote: » AVRs have built in amplifiers and their amps need to be matched with compatible speakers. A 60 watt amp just may be challenged to drive very inefficient 4 Ohm speakers, that is as true for separates as it is for AVRs. One…
  • DonnerUndBlitzen wrote: » AVRs have built in amplifiers and their amps need to be matched with compatible speakers. A 60 watt amp just may be challenged to drive very inefficient 4 Ohm speakers, that is as true for separates as it is for AVRs. One…
  • Some of us also have a lower tolerance for "just decent" and higher expectations of what sounds good. That's not meant to sound snobbish at all, it comes from experiences, likes, dislikes, and ultimately what we are willing to accept at the lowest …
  • I also suspect many here that are touting AVR's as excellent have never heard a really good amp/pre-amp combo. The clarity, dynamics, precision, air, space and shear scale would blow your skirts up more than you know. For some it comes down to…
  • All that said, there are separates out there that don't cut it either. It's not a one way street. But there are less "puny, just decent" separates out there vs. AVR's that are puny and just decent. Some are a step above decent, but not close to t…
  • DonnerUndBlitzen wrote: » heiney9 wrote: » Scale, that's the word everyone should be inquiring about. A mere receiver can't reproduce the "scale" of the performance or movie because in most cases it has a puny power supply. Everything wi…
  • These are wonderful units. If you are on the fence about tubes and/or a tubed pre.......get off it and buy this They sound fantastic, and rolling is easy and pretty inexpensive. H9
  • I still have 1 or 2 in my stash. Early RCA or Sylvania. Don't have anything that currently uses them.............but if you need one I'd let it go cheap. H9
  • "Decent" doesn't cut it for some of us. That's the other side of the coin you always conveniently miss when you are opining. You assume since it sounds decent to you, it's acceptable to all.............it's not. H9 P.s. once again your viewpo…
  • Scale, that's the word everyone should be inquiring about. A mere receiver can't reproduce the "scale" of the performance or movie because in most cases it has a puny power supply. Everything will play music, but trying to get dynamics and sca…
  • mikeyb128 wrote: » F1nut wrote: » The Neat speaker is interesting too. I note they are using Mundorf caps and doped paper drivers, which as I've often stated, are still considered by many as the best. Polk really knew what they were doing usin…
  • Cables matter, always have, always will. H9
  • Bitcoin was and it's "payoff" were a bit of a fluke. If you aren't prepared or can't afford to lose it all, then don't play the high risk game. But if you can afford to lose all your principle and not even blink, then those are the investments f…
  • You must drive like a grandma John. H9
  • Gatecrasher wrote: » You can have VW. lol I do and they are pretty 'effing awesome! GM, now there's a shady company that actually killed people and knew something was wrong from the very beginning, but ignored it? Your point? Talk abou…
  • My not recommending Polk (at least not explicitly) also stems from the fact that many of the newer products are experiencing a fair number of issues. Perhaps it is a hasty conclusion. I'll rephrase and say I will be cautious to recommend Polk prod…
  • More than a couple of bad incidents and responding vs. actually doing are not the same. Kim Jasper is on it (finally) and it will get taken care of. It never should have even been an issue after the OP's first CS inquiry. It was not a "mistake" i…
  • All I can say without getting banned is "WOW", what was once a great company is now circling the drain. It's sad, very sad to see. It's also sad to see that managements priorities are so out of line. Can't remember ever saying a bad thing about P…
  • tonyb wrote: » Man, whatever happened to DisneyJoe, Tony/Amulford, Lou ? Great guys....did they all sell out for Bose systems or what ? Friends with them on FB and life goes on..............we don't interact much but they are all doing fine…
    in Good times Comment by heiney9 June 14
Avatar

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Badges

250 Agrees100 LOLs25 LOLs5 LOLs100 Likes25 Likes5 Likes5 Agrees25 Agrees100 Agrees25 Insightfuls5 InsightfulsAncient MembershipFirst AnswerName DropperTenth AnniversaryPhotogenicFirst Comment10 Comments2500 Comments1000 Comments500 Comments100 Comments10000 Comments5000 CommentsFirst AnniversaryCombo BreakerSixth AnniversarySecond AnniversaryThird AnniversaryFourth AnniversaryFifth AnniversaryNinth AnniversaryEighth AnniversarySeventh Anniversary