ONKYO CD Player DX-7211

tdpofjc
tdpofjc Posts: 14
edited June 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
anyone that could direct me to a link or has info on this model, I would be greatful...not looking for anything too expensive, I believe this would be a decent upgrade from a 1996 basic model sony single tray that I paid $100 for. I would be using the cd player with an Onkyo 8511 Rcv and (2) RT800i with PSW404.

I also believe this is an older model but can't seem to find any specs. (not that I would understand much of the specs) but I am trying !!!

thank you
Post edited by tdpofjc on

Comments

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    edited June 2003
    I don't have any specs on the 7211 but I used to own one several years ago. Nice, single disc, no frills player. I had mine for about 5-7 years and had zero problems with it. I do believe it came with a remote new and that the remote would also work Onkyo tape deck major functions as long as the RI was hooked up. I liked it but only paid $175 new for it so don't fork a ton of money on it.
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • tdpofjc
    edited June 2003
    Thanks for the info....I just pick it up, brand new $125 at a high end audio / video store. The saleman seem to know what he was talking about, bascially the guts of the unit hasn't changed over the years, just features and multi-trays have been added. I compared the specs with the newest Onkyo cd 6 changer on their website and they were almost exactly the same. d/a conversion, harmonic distortion, oversampling, freq response...I think I am right on with what I was looking for..good quality no frills, plus the remote with my Onkyo recv will be able to control the cd player. He also said I should easily be able to tell the difference of sound quality when compared with my current 9 yr old base model sony...

I don't mean to make a big deal out of a $125 purchase but I have been out of the stereo market for years and its nice that this forum gives some reassurance with this stuff..

any other comments would be appreciated..

thank you again
  • GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited June 2003
    Congrats on your new purchase- don't forget to tell us the most important thing-

How it sounds!
  • tdpofjc
    edited June 2003
    yeh..your right.....you can really get caught up in all numbers and specs !!! plus being the type that tends to over analyze doesn't help !!!