SDA IIa

Options
jnorthcraft
jnorthcraft Posts: 1
edited July 2001 in Technical/Setup
I have a set of SDA IIa and want to upgrade to home theater. Has anyone used SDA IIa as part of home theater upgrade?
Post edited by jnorthcraft on

Comments

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited July 2001
    Options
    There's a good number of us using SDA's in our hometheaters. You'll find (in my opinion) they add a bit more open and fuller sound than conventional main speakers.

Just be sure to get a large center (atleast CS400) and surrounds (atleast FX500's) to compliment them. Smaller ones will work of course, but I don't think you'll be as pleased with anything smaller. You won't have a full sound all the way around.

Let your ears be the judge though!!!

By the way, I'm using the SDA-SRS 2.3's with the CS400 and FX500's. I love it.

John
    No excuses!
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Like J.S. says, there are a lot of people using SDAs in HTs and some are SDA all the way. And I agree, go with a 400 center.

I'm using SDA-2B's as rears in my HT and they work quite well. My RT3000p fronts (sats) are on a Carver C-9 which amounts to having SDA fronts. Also works quite well. And yes, I'm using a CS400i for my center.
  • mjmcg
    mjmcg Posts: 102
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I'm using SDA-1C's up front, monitor 10a's in the back and I opted for the cs350. smaller drivers, but 4 of them, ported and slim design. I'm considering a CRS+ to take it's place though...
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited July 2001
    Options
    ...and want to upgrade to home theater.

Don't mistake a CHANGE of equipment/setup from 2/ch HS Audio to multi/ch HT A/V as being an UPGRADE. Because, realize it or not, it's NOT an upgrade at all. It's a system CHANGE, period. There's a BIG difference between a system UPGRADE, and system CHANGE.

ie: You can UPGRADE a Home Stereo or UPGRADE a Home Theater.
    Or, you can CHANGE from having a 2/ch HS to having a multi/ch HT, or CHANGE the other way around.

See? :)

(BTW, I use SDA-SRS 2.3s on my primary HS.)