Headphones

Options
Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD600's a couple of weeks back. MAN OH MAN, what a sweet pair of headphones! They're a nice alternative when listening to the Polks is not an option.

Anyone else into headphones?

John
No excuses!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited December 2001
    Options
    I got a pair of the HD 580 and the Pro logic decoder (Ican't say the decoder really works) Killer headphones, nice open sound and very good bass for HP's
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited December 2001
    Options
    I also have a pair of Sennheiser HD-580's. They really are an amazing headphone. Mine also came with that DSP Pro, but that thing's trash. The amplifier in it is noisy as all heck and hardly has any gain. I sold mine on eBay. Both the 580's and 600's present a HUGE 300 ohm impedence and really require a headphone amplifier. I haven't plunked down the cash for one yet, but I've heard they make a huge difference. Anybody out there have one?

Aaron
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited December 2001
    Options
    I have the Sony 5100, wireless with DTS and DD decoder built-in. I used it mainly for late night movie watching so that I don't bother my wife. It works very well, but I would not use it to listen to music...