Armor all works for me

har_navalta
har_navalta Posts: 957
edited May 2003 in Troubleshooting
Armor all is my best cleaning agent and also windex. See the difference between before or after cleaned with ArmorAll.

The RTA 11TL's also cleaned with ArmorAll except of course the
SL3000 tweet Dome.
Post edited by har_navalta on

Comments

• TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited May 2003
    Just an observation, doesn't using Armor All leave a film on the speaker causing it to collect more dust and make it sticky to the surfice of the speaker?
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2003
    Originally posted by TonyPTX
    Just an observation, doesn't using Armor All leave a film on the speaker causing it to collect more dust and make it sticky to the surfice of the speaker?

it does on my car.. so I think it would at home too. :mad:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited May 2003
    I'm not sure why the confusion remains... Stu from Polk said the cones should NOT be cleaned. To me, that, by default, means not to use Armor All, because cleanging *at all* is not recommended.

Armor All does indeed leave SOME sort of film. If you want an easy demonstration and a pain in the **** to clean, go spray some Armor All on the inside of your windshield and clean it up. I think AA is great stuff... but I'd never put *any* chemical on the cones of my drivers. Usually a soft brush is sufficient, and if not.. well, I can live with it rather than put them at risk. I usually have my grills on (kids)... perhaps 'dirty' cones are more a problem if you leave the grills off. I still wouldn't use anything.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited May 2003
    YES, Tony is correct........it's nasty stuff.

Har, I'm going to have to come up and remove all Armor-All products from your house.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• har_navalta
    edited May 2003
    If you will come up here I will let you take the RTA 11TL's:D

Har
  • har_navalta
    edited May 2003
    You guys are afraid of cleaning your speakers with armor all,
    you don't see what is the result will be:)

You think I will ruin my SDA, SRT, RTA's give it a try and your
    eyes will thank you.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited May 2003
    And leave a nice kerosene residue on 'em....No Thanks!:eek:
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited May 2003
    Originally posted by har_navalta
    If you will come up here I will let you take the RTA 11TL's:D

Har

I'm going to hold you to that. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited May 2003
    Doro is in on that trip right???!!! :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited May 2003
    Armor All works fine for cleanup. Two thumbs up to Har.
    First off, the damn 6503 cones are sticky anyway. That is why they need to be cleaned up occasionally (once every few years).

Armor All is a protectant. So, it may be possible that the film it leaves on the speaker will ADD to the cones life.

I'm not talking about dousing the thing with a steady stream of Armor All. I'm simply suggesting that a little on a soft cloth to wipe away the old gunk does wonders. It also will brighten up those aging rubber edges and make them look shiney new.

No, I would never use anything on the the tweeter dome.

It was Polk that told me about the Windex (amonia) trick.
    I believe it was Polk Paul that gave me that tip.

Ron