Pair of R30s...BLown?

dnolle
dnolle Posts: 6
edited May 2003 in Troubleshooting
Hello,
Sigh....last night the wife and eye were pushing out some VERY loud music from an old SONY STR-1070 in the back room. All of a sudden BOTH R30 speakers turned into "Minnie Mouse", tweeters only working.

I've put some old speakers on the stereo to make sure amp was still functioning.

I'm showing an open circuit (with ohm meter) across the 6.5 inchers. Doesn't look good, but I'm no speaker expert by far. Any suggestions, or is it time for new speakers? BTW..the R30s are exactly two weeks old...grin
Post edited by dnolle on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2003
    if they're only that old. i would think Polk would help you work out a deal. they may even replace them for free.. not sure.. so don't count on it. but give them a call and see what deal you can work out with em. they're great folks and want to keep their customers of their speakers happy. :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited May 2003
    when you call em to get replacement drivers, dont mention to tell em your a club polk member. Arnt they suppose to give us mofos a discount?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dnolle
    dnolle Posts: 6
    edited May 2003
    Thanks all for help!

Dealing with Polk customer service and Tech support has been a distinct pleasure! They actually answered my phone call with no wait and replied to emails almost as soon as I hit the send button. My drivers are on the way to San Diego as we speak for a "triage" and replacement.

I'm a total newb at audio, but as an electrical engineer, I hope I am smart enough to know how little I "know"...grin. I'm reading all the posts and info I can.

David Nolle
    I'm beginning to like "real" audio...just shoot me now.