The Matrix 2

-justin-
-justin- Posts: 891
edited December 2001 in Music & Movies
After reading the Terminator 3 thread, I was looking at what other movies are coming out. What are you thoughts on the Matrix 2?

I think it's interesting that so many people compare The Matrix with the original Star Wars movie (as the writer did in this article). When I first saw The Matrix in the movie theater, I was pretty blown away. It was so cool! And I wasn't old enough (or even born) when Star Wars came out in the theater, so I can't comment on if that same feeling is there with the Matrix as was with Star Wars.

What the hell am I talking about?

~JB
Post edited by -justin- on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited December 2001
    The matrix was cool, but in NO way can come even close to seeing Star Wars: A New Hope in the theater.

When that Imperial Star Destroyer came over the top of the screen and just kept coming, **** awesome.

No one will ever be able to top that. It is still the single most impressive speical effect to date.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Ron-P
    edited December 2001
    to add...

Star Wars is still at the top of my list for the best sci-fi movie of all time. The special effects of todays movies cannot top the SEs of that movie still.

Computers cannot replace the real thing.....models.

If...
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2001
    Ron is right on. Nothing compares to that opening shot in SW:ANH. When I watched it a while back on WS VHS (gack!) I was still blown away. I mean, when you're 11 and you see that, you are just reduced to a trembling mass of jelly by that effect. It's a tremendous shot. (And the next scene, when Darth Vader comes thru the doorway, is also one of "those" scenes. No villian has come close to being that evil in a long time.)

MATRIX is, really, simply a shallow effect film. One effect, and you've seen it. And now we have to see that freaking effect in everything, even SHREK for goodness sake. The same concepts have been covered in far better, far more well-written and executed films, such as 12 MONKEYS, which I plan to re-watch this weekend.

CGI is lame and shallow.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2001
    ...was pure crap. Plain and simple.

The only redeeming thing in it was the Carrie Ann Moss or whatever the hell her name is.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Ron-P
    edited December 2001
    There must be some sort of disruption in the space-time continueium. Nothing else can explain why you and I are agreeing on movie taste as of late Micah.

12 Monkeys is excellent. My freinds bought me this as a gift. One of the better DVD gifts I have ever received.

...and yes that scene when Vader steps thru the door way, man what and evil dark scene. Too bad Lucas lost touch with reality.

If...