sda signature system

2»

Comments

• scottdawg
    scottdawg Posts: 166
    edited April 2003
    Thanks Tour,
    I need to call Ken about something else too. My existing amp is a Yamaha A700, I have a bid in on a B&K ST2140 right now, the auction ends tomorrow. If I am the high bidder I will then need a new preamp. I have been doin just fine spending the money without any help but I sure do appreciate some advise from folks with expierience at this. The money is starting to get thin to so I might have to hold out for awhile on the preamp. That sure is going to be hard though having a perfectly good amp just sittin there. Oh yea I will keep F1 in mind too. Thanks Scott
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,784
    edited April 2003
    You're playing "burned cd's" on the SDA's?!? Man, that's not right. IMHO, buy the best audiophile recordings you can find, your ears will thank you.

As Tour stated, if I can be of help with the damages on your SDA's, just let me know.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• scottdawg
    scottdawg Posts: 166
    edited April 2003
    F1,
    I knew someting wasnt right about those "burned cd's".
    Thanks for the offer to help. The damage is a minor (in my opinion) scratch on the top of the right speaker, what do you recommend? I will probably have to live with it until I can get some other things accomplished with my system.For now I just want to be aware of what I am going to be getting into.
    Scott
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,784
    edited April 2003
    Scott,

For minor scratches, get a touch up pen (like a magic marker) from your local hardware store. They will most likely carry the Minwax brand. Get one that is a brown shade, it might say Walnut or Brown Mahogany, etc. just say away from the red or yellow shades. If you have a professional finishing supply house near you then get the Behlen brand (Dark/American Walnut) there. The trick is to apply the color to the scratched area and wipe off the excess with a paper towel/rag IMMEDIATELY. The scratches will probably look a little darker than the surrounding area, but will not stick out like a sore thumb as they do now. The eye is easily tricked and will notice the light color of raw scratches much more than a darker tone after touch up.

F1
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    Did you ever get the scratches out? >:)o:);)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    John's bored and necrothreading again. :p
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,550
    Oh boy here we go.....