Game Cube-X-Box

Options
jdelan
jdelan Posts: 244
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Just checking out E*Bay...Why the hell are there people on there spending $300+ for just a GameCube or $400 for an X-Box???

Dont they realize they can go to the local Wal-mart, K-Mart and pick one up off the shelf? They are not sold out...OYE! I just dont understand people sometimes...
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2001
    Options
    // whisper //

the world is full of stupid people.

How else would you explain the success of Bose??

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • jdelan
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Well, truth be known, I almost bought Bose...Why? Well, I didn't know...but I never did cause I didn't wanna pay $1200 for the AM15 stuff...I dont like making big purchases...And right now I can say I am glad I did not...Love my Polk Speakers...Now I just gotta get up the gumption to go buy my PSW350.

I really wish Polk would make a stand for the FX series...It's not like we can move the speaker around on the wall much...
  • TroyD
    edited November 2001
    Options
    ...how about uninformed??

Troy
  • jdelan
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I prefer Ignorant...I was ignorant...still kinda am to all the HT, Hi-fi Stuff...
  • TroyD
    edited November 2001
    Options
    ..me too brotha, me too.

fun though isn't it??

Troy
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Maybe..........just maybe some of these people live out in BFE and ebay is one of there only locations to get items like these. It is a possiblity.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Ron
    I don't think thats it, I drove thru BFE and they had a Walmart
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I live in a fairly small town. You do not know how lucky some of u are. We have a WM and it makes about 3 million $ aday. The X-Box, all 15, were sold out in 6 1/2 minutes. The gamecubes are collecting dust like they should be. When a new game comes out we get it 2 weeks later. Thank god for the internet and e-bay.:)
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited November 2001
    Options
    GameCube rawks ****!

Picked mine up yesterday. Got Super Monkey Ball and Waverace.

The Rogue Squadron II has a 16:9 progressive scan mode and also has 5.1 audio through Dolby Pro Logic II encoding!! Eat that XBox.

I rented the XBox as well, it just wasn't that fun and NOT worth the extra $100!

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • scottvamp
    edited November 2001
    Options
    How can you brag about "Super Money Ball" and not lose any self-esteem? Ha! Metal Gear Solid 2, look it up. Later:cool:
  • scottvamp
    edited November 2001
    Options
    "Rawk ****", Oh typo that would be M-O-N-K-E-Y.:)
  • Steve@3dai
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Hahaha, I was playing monkey ball all this weekend. It's just stupid fun ;) hehehe

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • skinny
    skinny Posts: 25
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Playstation 2 still beats everything, all around, I love my ps2?:p
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited November 2001
    Options
    my bro. just got himself a PS2, he went to get a new x-box at our local EB, but the guy at EB told him that almost every one they sold at their store had been returned, because they kept locking up. anyone else hear anything about this, or experience this yourself???
  • Steve@3dai
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I heard that you have to be pretty gentle with the XBox. It's got a HD in there, so any shock is going to affect the performance of the hard drive.

Plus, for the XBox, make sure to have lots of ventilation for it. It has a full PC in there and that needs a lot of breathing room ;)

I just think it's funny that MS can think they can take a PC and make it a console. Not gonna happen.

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Never, ever, count Microsoft out. Even if they don't succeed the first, or even the second, they will eventually get it right and beat everyone else. They've done it time and time again.

Aaron
  • Steve@3dai
    edited November 2001
    Options
    It's going to take them a while to get to the Nintendo/Sony level though. They have been in it for so long, they know exactly what works and what doesn't. MS will take a while, and I think after pumping out multi-billion dollars and not going anywhere, they might retract from the market.

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • fzapanta
    fzapanta Posts: 4
    edited November 2001
    Options
    This in reply to the gentle man that heard of bad experiences w\the X-Crap. A friend of mine had to return his. After a couple of minutes of playing w\the box it would shutdown. This is because the box was over heating. Maybe they need to a radiator!

Goodluck. I think if you want to purchase one of these to wait until the second or third generation production machines. In a nutshell prucahse your console second hand or wait until these isssues are taken care of!

I can wait until the box runs through the pipe. (Up in smoke)

-lol
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Originally posted by Steve@3dai
    The Rogue Squadron II has a 16:9 progressive scan mode and also has 5.1 audio through Dolby Pro Logic II encoding!! Eat that XBox.

Hell yeah! Can't wait to try that niffty game. My roommate wants to buy it, so I'll let him. I did play the X-box and I thought it was pretty cool -- but it will probably always have problems. I mean, come on... it's probably powered by windows (or some form) :D

~JB
  • Steve@3dai
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Yes Justin, it actually is. The OS inside the XBox is based on a modified version of the Windows XP Kernel with a heavily modified version of DirectX.

... 80's style ...

"Nintendo, it's a cereal now!"

WTH was Nintendo doing making a cereal. Oh well, I ate it once or twice ;)

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • jdelan
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Game Cube is gonna beat down the X-Box...
    2 reasons...

Rogue Squadron
    Luigis Mansion.

Nuff Said.
  • Steve@3dai
    edited November 2001
    Options
    And Super Monkey Ball!!!!!!

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • -justin-
    edited November 2001
    Options
    What exactly is Super Monkey Ball??? Must go rent...oh wait, I don't have a game cube yet.

~JB
  • Steve@3dai
    edited November 2001
    Options
    You can rent the GC as well. I did that with the XBox

Super Monkey Ball is like Marble Madness except, well, with monkeys in your balls. It also has a lot of extra "party games" so multiple people can play with your balls.

...snicker...

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • -justin-
    edited November 2001
    Options
  • mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited December 2001
    Options
    i just picked up an x-box and dead or alive 3 from wal-mart. as far as problems with the system overheating, i couldn't tell you about that. my system is running without a glitch (so far).

joe :D
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited December 2001
    Options
    My kids have the X-box system, two control pads, memory units and two games: Halo and Project Gotham, so far they did not report any problem at all, it seems working in perfect condition. The DD track sound very impressive.
  • Steve@3dai
    edited December 2001
    Options
    I don't think the unit would have any problems in a well vented area. But most people put their consoles in cabinents and tight spaces not designed for a PC ;)

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200