xmas decore and home theater

TrappedUnder Ice
TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
OK... its that time of the year... You got a slammin' HT set up- but where do ya put the darn tree.... We had a bit of a delima over it this year... well we could move this...uh..but my rear speaker is ther...how bout there...blocking that speaker....

Now..fo those with dedicated HT rooms..this is no problem..but for us with with the integrated HT/living room... whats a person to do?

Anyone else have these issues..:rolleyes:
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2001
    Go for the Charlie Brown Xmas tree.

Peace Out~D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited November 2001
    Don't even get me started on this topic. Every time I come home I cringe at the speaker arangement in the living room. The left and right speakers are always angled totally different ways. One will be facing straight ahead and another at a 45 degree angle. They're also always right up against the wall. Women, my mother in this case. My dad doesn't seem to care. He just sits on his lazy boy, which is in the corner of the room, and listens to music. The speakers aren't even remotely pointing his direction. The chair, not the stereo, dictates where he sits. My parents also don't watch movies too often. I should take a picture while I'm home over Christmas break. Ahhhhh, no more! I'm getting angry!

Aaron
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited November 2001
    a dedicated HT room from the wife...:D
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2001
    I am a lucky guy, a wife who understands a mans needs and agrees to give up a bedroom in our house for my HT.

A dedicated HT room is a great escape.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited November 2001
    i turned our unfinished basement into a dedicated home theater room. there are no windows and no interuptions. now all i've got to do is put some carpet down and get a new couch.

joe :D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2001
    By design, the Christmas decorations do not interfere with the speaker setup. My living room opens up into the dining area and I have the rears mounted on the rear wall. The tree is on the side wall adjacent to the fireplace.....I did manage to dodge that bullet.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • schumach
    schumach Posts: 199
    edited November 2001
    My Tree is in a different room, but my wife wanted to take down my center speaker to put other christmas decorations up. She said "It won't make that big of a difference will it?" I could only shake my head and walk away. That worked, because she put the decorations over the fireplace. I am hoping nothing else comes up.

Have a great holiday.
  • joelll
    joelll Posts: 120
    edited November 2001
    Yow!

I just park the menorah on the table, or sometimes on top of tinfoil on one of my speakers. No muss, no fuss, no blocking the speakers, no pine needles sticking in the grille cloths.

Happy Hannukah! :)

(and Merry Christmas, Solstice, generic-winter-holiday, etc...!)