the REAL cell phone hating thread!

juice21
juice21 Posts: 1,866
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
micah, why did you close the last one???
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• juice21
    edited November 2001
    i had a friend that had a bumper sticker that read "hang up and drive', lo and behold the idiot got himself a cell phone, and he'd be driving down the road, talking on the phone, with this damn bumper sticker still on his car. he took alot of hell for that from me!!!
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2001
    I DIDN'T!

Flame Justin!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    well, it continues here! i guess he can't take all the hating going on in here today!
  • Micah Cohen
    edited November 2001
    Gad I love my bumper stickers...

hangupsmall.jpg

Cell phone users need a separate lane. That way they only bug other cell phone users. Cell phone use would drop sharply.

In NY State they pull you over and ticket you if they see you using a handheld cell phone in the car. More power to em.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• Micah Cohen
    edited November 2001
    [A "Mr. Rogers" moment:]

See how much fun the forum can be when we all have a good time and talk about funky cool stuff?

Look at us, we're talking about spitting, smoking, cell phones, bad driving, hot chicks... And we're all getting along.

I think it's sweet.

Don't eff it up.

[/A "Mr. Rogers" moment: continue the hate-filled diatribe!]

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2001
    Man you guys, you think bad driving is a result of some sort of distraction........IT IS NOT!

It is how that person can multi-task. 99% of this worlds population cannot, resulting in bad driving.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    i hate people talking on the phone while driving, but ron, you do have a point. most of those people don't know how to drive if that's all they're doing in the first place.
  • Micah Cohen
    edited November 2001
    But Ron, that's just it: bad drivers can't multitask, and driving itself is multitasking in the extreme, so they start off with two strikes against them. Adding cell phones and minivans and 18-wheelers and elderly people who go 35 in 55 zones makes driving a nightmare for people who just want to get where they're going at a reasonable speed.

So, a separate lane for those who insist on car-based multitasking.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited November 2001
    it's safer to drink and drive than it is to use a cell phone and drive!

joe :D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2001
    but if you take that additional task away from them then they should be ok. NY has the right idea...

How about women putting on makeup while driving? That is as bad. I am pretty sure that my wife's lipstick only applies properly at speeds over 70mph.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited November 2001
    I'm a cell phone man! And yes, I am thoroughly coordianted and capable of driving and talking on the cell phone simultaneously. I agree with Ron that cell phones will eventually replace regular phones. I don't understand why people say they don't want a cell phone, because they don't want to be able to be called anytime (ugly sentence there). There are two solutions to this problem: 1) look at the caller ID of the incoming call to decide whether or not you want to answer it or 2) turn off the phone. This isn't rocket science people.

Aaron
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    don't buy a cell phone:D
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2001
    You know those cell-phones also are equiped with a POWER button and VOICE MAIL .

Don't want to talk on your cell-phone. Hey, look above.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    anybody listen to my above posted audio clip. love 'em or hate 'em the clip is funny as s**t!!!
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited November 2001
    My roommate got in an accident a few weeks ago by a guy who crossed the center lane and clipped my roommates sideview mirror. Luckily, he was paying attention and saw the man cross the yellow line, and swerved, but still managed to hit him.

The guy admitted he was distracted and wasn't paying attention (on the damn phone). What a lame-o.

~JB