4 SALE***Panasonice SA HE-100***4 SALE

Tour2ma
Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
edited March 2003 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have one, NIB, which I bought for my daughter for Christmas. She declined it because she said she doesn't have space for "a big" HT set up like Dad's. I did not return it because it was mail order and the restock charge was way too much (like 25% of what I paid). It's the black model.

I was going to list it on ebay, but if anybody wants it the price is $254.83 + S&H. This price is exactly what I paid.

Warranty wise, it would be one of those through me to the dealer I bought it from, as they were not an authorized. But you have to judge the likelihood of it needing servicing in the next couple years. It's not likely, but if it happened, I'll be here.

I did open the box to ensure it was working before I gift-wrapped it. Just hooked up the FM antenna and plugged in a pair of headphones and it was fine.

Could be a decent starter or second AVR. It was Consumer Reports top rated AVR when they did their last home audio review, but then they don’t exactly threaten to get esoteric with the equipment they test. Anyway I’ll leave it here a while and then off to ebay it goes.

If you're interested send me an e-mail and we'll work it out. I can send Pix. My addy is in my profile, and it is unblocked.

Here's a bit of the CR rewiew:
The 14 models we tested are all capable performers, and most offer a good selection of features. They range in price from $200 to $650; the top-rated Panasonic SA-HE100 is A CR Best Buy at only $300.

RECOMMENDATIONS
At $300, the Panasonic SA-HE100 is A CR Best Buy. The top performer in our tests, it's easy to use and has lots of features, including a "help" function that displays troubleshooting advice onscreen. It has the power to handle 4-ohm speakers--useful if you have a very large room or if you like to crank up the volume or play bass-heavy music.

Spec's
Number of Channels.....5.1 (Dolby Digital®, DTS®)
Surround Decoder.........Dolby Digital®, DTS®, DTS ES®
Remote Control.............Universal, Illuminated
Main Speakers Power...100 x 2 Watts
Max Surround Pwr........1kHz: Main - 0.9% THD, 100W. Center - 0.9% THD, 100W. Rear - 0.9% THD, 100W.
Analog Inputs...............5.1 Channels
Rear Audio Inputs........Coaxial: 1, Optical: 3
Rear Video Inputs........Composite: 3, Component: 2
Rear Aud. Outputs.......Optical: 1
Rear Vid. Outputs........S-Video: 3, Component: 1
Tone Controls..............Bass
THX Certification...........No
DSP Modes...................Hall, Club, Live, Theater, Sim Surround
Dimension
Depth 14.78 in. Height 6.22 in. Width 16.94 in.
Weight 23.1 lb.
More later,
Tour...
Vox Copuli
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
Post edited by Tour2ma on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2003
    C'mon now, outside of whether or not it is a GREAT receiver. Do you really (or anyone else here) give any credence to CONSUMER REPORTS audio recommendations/reviews?

Cheers,
    Russ

(this is NOT an attempt to hi-jack your thread bro)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2003
    OK Russ, let's throw down and take this right to the HOS right now and get it over with :lol::lol::lol::

doobie doobie doo...

Actually I have been a CR subscriber for many years and I follow their advice in a lot of areas, but I'll admit HT/ HA ain't on that list...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited March 2003
    Tour, I may know a guy that would want this AVR. He is a new employee with family in Texas so he has a little apartment up here in MO. He went to that Renta Center and got a receiver for 91 buckes every 2 weeks and he is considering taking it back but he'll have to waite untill he has the cash.

Let me know what you think and if someone comes in prior then thats fine. You can contact him via email @ gwetzel@alamosapcs.com

Regards and Good Luck

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited March 2003
    HBombToo, that new guy would realy need a pair of RT15i's to go with the Panasonic :)
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2003
    OK, so what are the Club rules on outsiders getting involved? I didn't even think of that one...

Henry,
    Thanks for the contact. Tell your friend that, if by 18:00 Sunday I don't have a definite deal with a Clubber, he'll get an e-mail.

I had an e-mail composed and was ready to hit send, when all of a sudden my spider sense started tingling... :eek:
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• HBombToo
    edited March 2003
    Tour, your doing the Right thing. if you so choose to deal, my reputation is on the line! That said... I saw a great opportunity for a good man to save money on a lease and ultimatly save him money. If I did not think highly of him I would have never made the suggestion.

We'll watch it play out. The ball is in your court.

Bombed
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2003
    HB,

Thanks. Just trying to think through a potential "FM Rules" question that had not occurred to me before.

With the possible exception of family, kinda makes sense for an offer to be "exclusive to the club" for a period, so that's why I pulled back from contacting your Bud for now.

And I'm glad you agree, Uncle Henry... ;)

Then again, your Bud could join the Club real quick...

Later...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2003
    OK..........general question......

Can one really claim (and nothin personal Tour) that an item is NIB if they've opened it up and plugged it in? Only reason that I ask is cuz I see a TON of things online that are being pitched that way and I have to wonder........

You just happened to bring it up Tour... :D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2003
    Brett,

I understand... and have felt the same way before, but I think there's some room between NIB and "factory sealed".

Maybe NIOB (New In Open Box) needs to be added to the acronym soup mix world (guess that would be "ASMW" :D ) we live in today... :) In fact think I'll use "NIOB" if it comes to listing this on ebay (Herny, your friend still gets a shot between the end of the Club post and then.)

Thanks for tip-toeing around your question. Doubt I'd have "gone off" in any case, but your consideration of that possibility is noted and appreciated. ;)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2003
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    Thanks for tip-toeing around your question. Doubt I'd have "gone off" in any case, but your consideration of that possibility is noted and appreciated. ;)

Jesus Tour.......

If you've read ANY of my posts, you probably could pick up on the fact that tip-toeing is NOT my style......

Get it right, would ya?!?!?!?! :rolleyes:
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2003
    I have... I have...

Should have put tip-toeing in quotes... would have better reflected the fact that in this case it is a relative term... :lol:
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• HBombToo
    edited March 2003
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    (Herny, your friend still gets a shot between the end of the Club post and then.)

HBomb... Thanks

:D:D

I'm going for a beer and who knows where i'll end up.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2003
    Times up...

Going elsewhere, but if anyone spots this late and is interested send me a PM...

tour
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited March 2003
    SOLD!!! Thanks Henry...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli