Your land speed record?

124»

Comments

• The Darkhorse
    The Darkhorse Posts: 101
    edited November 2001
    Personally, i was unaware that you were the only one on Earth to experiance pain Chris.
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited November 2001
    Troy if you understand why do you give me a hard time with every one of my posts?
    I have empithy not pitty for people in bad situations. I'm truely sorry to hear about Wendi. I was refering to darkhorses post and said it. Why do you feel it was to you. Since you see what she has to go through why beat me down all the time? I only post to alike posts and don't want pitty from anyone nor have I. Yet you act like I should not make the best of what I have. I don't go posting "O look what I have" I mention my Viper in a car post, what is wrong with that. I mistakenly mentioned my Genisis in a bass post question, whats wrong with that. I don't mention my main system yet every time one of you get something new you post it. Don't you think I would like to? Don't you think I would like to say "hey guys I got this and it sounds great" with out cost being brought up? I don't just because of reactions like the ones posted on this thread. I never took any kind of money whch came from tax payers either no matter how bad it got before my settlement. I could just as easyly give you a long post with the problems I have like you did but they are MY problems. I really hope this can stop.

Darkhorse-I have a friend who lost his leg in a bike wreck. I see what he goes through. I used to ride and it makes me cringe to think of what Scott and Ferg went throgh with theres. That is why I said what I did in the postto THEM. I have many people who I look up to for what they have to go through with thre problems. So don't go giving me this BS I'm not into your game. When you find my island and jet let me know I never knew I had them. BTW an ASC McLaren only costs 30K it not the 1M McLaren.
    Chris :)
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited November 2001
    Originally posted by CHRIS
    I buy things to make the parts of my life that I have a passion for more enjoyable and get responss like ‘darkhorse’ up above. If they could only experiance the pain and other problems for a day maybe they could understand what it does to ya.
    Show me where it says NO ONE can understand or relate. "THEY" are obviously to specific posts by specific people. Not a population. Slow down your reading man and cool off. I have an uncle who gets the gold sulfate shots for the same reason, I can understand his chronic pain but can't relate. Some one with spine and nerve problems I can relate to.
    Just as you know, you can understand Wendi's pain but never feel it.
    Chris
    Just so you know are forces are in my Prayers everyday and I hope they are heard.
    Chris :)
  • mikemokr
    mikemokr Posts: 150
    edited November 2001
    Fastest I've driven in the US: 95 mph in my 1969 Chrysler Newport Custom II on Francis Lewis Blvd through Cunningham Park in the Queens borough of NYC, circa 1979, with my best friend in the passenger seat. As we crossed an intersection where the road rose a bit we became so thoroughly airborne we hit our heads on the roof, hard. The thought that flashed through my mind was "don't turn the steering wheel, whatever you do. Nice and straight." We landed safely and my friend turned to me and yelled, "Now SLOW DOWN!!!!!" Which we did.

Fastest I've driven outside the US -- oh, I don't remember, but it was in a rental car on some autopiste in France. Maybe it exceeded the equivalent of 95 mph, maybe not. Cool to do it without becoming airborne.

Fastest in a car where I was a passenger: ~200 km/hr (130 mph) in Holland in a Porsche in which I was hitchhiking from Berlin to Amsterdam in 1984.

Most ludicrous ride on a road with no speed limit: On the Autobahn in Germany, as a passenger in a German friend's Citroen (you remember the slogan, "0 to 60 in a single day"). If we hit 90 km/hr (~55 mph) that would've been a lot. Strange to be riding at US highway speed get passed by cars going more than twice as fast as you.
    Main HT (family room): Polk Monitor 7 (1987-original owner) (L/R) / CSi40 (C) / RTi38 (SL/SR) / SVS 20-39PC (sub), Outlaw 975 pre/pro / Outlaw 7075 amp, Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray, LG 42LM5800 teevee
    2ch (family room): CRS+ (1987), Outlaw 1050 AVR, Denon DCM-420 CD
    Kitchen satellite 2ch: Polk M3II, Topping TP-20 Tripath amp fed from 975 rec line out
    Home office: Model 5 (1978-Danish Peerless), Lepai 2020A+ Tripath amp fed by laptop dock
    Awaiting assignment: PSW202 (NIB) to be wired inline in home office rig; Monitor 5JR (1988), Model 4 (1983-US Peerless)
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2001
    You know, I love this thread. There's some cool stuff here. But I'm locking it down because a few bad seeds (and "bad seeds" is Micah being kind) are just effing it up for everyone else.

Mark, mellow out, dude. Quit poking. Just enjoy yourself, so that everyone else can enjoy themselves as well. I'm getting really tired of being a policeman.

Officer Micah
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
This discussion has been closed.