Are Polk RTE-35's OK for U.S.?

brentski
brentski Posts: 96
edited February 2003 in Troubleshooting
There's a pair of RTE-35's for sale . I know that the RTE is a refernce that they were made for exporting to Europe,etc..
Is there anything different as far as the "insides" that is different in regards to using them them in the US?
Thanks.
Posting on Speaker forum in case nobodys minding the store.
thank you
Center; CS-400i
Main's; RT-55's
Side Surround's-RT-35's
Rear center;CS-300
Sub; SVS PB12-NSD
Post edited by brentski on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited February 2003
    Speakers are able to be used world wide...when u plug them in the wall is when you have to worry
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • brentski
    brentski Posts: 96
    edited February 2003
    do these require a different current?
    Center; CS-400i
    Main's; RT-55's
    Side Surround's-RT-35's
    Rear center;CS-300
    Sub; SVS PB12-NSD
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2003
    No, only thing to worry about Euro-wise is voltage on sources (amps/cd/tuner etc). The speakers are fine, and they are REAL wood, not veneered, if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited February 2003
    Back then when the RTE series was released,I wanted a pair or pairs.Polk treated THEM better then US.Go figure.They where ALL wood,not just sides.The front panel was trimmed out in wood.They looked fantastic,came in maple any cherry.Man Why don't the Lsi's get maple.
    That just makes me wondder why Polk decided to ONLY use 2 colors for LSi.......cherry and **** black.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.