Mark your calender

gidrah
gidrah Posts: 3,049
edited January 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
http://www.midwestaudiofest.com/index.html

The 2003 Midwest Audio Fest is headed back to Lima Ohio. I went to the 2002 for one day and had a blast. I'm planning on staying the weekend this time. Great gear, great music and great deals make for a great time.

The Edgarhorns sound so frickin' great. The reality and presence is amazing. Parts Express had some killer deals going last year. They had the Vifa ring tweets for like $28.00 each.

I wasn't able to attend any of the seminars last year which is why I want to stay the weekend this time. These guys know their ****, but are also very friendly and genuinely happy people.

Bring your CDs and vinyl. They're usually more than happy to play it.
Make it Funky! :)
Post edited by gidrah on

Comments

• audionutt
    audionutt Posts: 97
    edited December 2002
    I thought about going this year, what do they have besides audio gear set up? do they have stuff for sale?

joe
  • gidrah
    edited December 2002
    Yes. There are the garage manufacturers as well as nOrh, EdgarHorns, Parts Express, DIYCable, and others. There was a room by Parker's that was selling their speakers for $600/pr. Not the best I've heard, but pretty sweet within their price range. I'll try my best to snag a pair of the cheap nOrhs and arrange for a pair of EdgarHorn Slimlines. They're not his best, but the're better than most I've heard within my money.

Last year there was a large room that was basically a used audio flea market. Anything from amps to Zobels. All pretty cheap as these guys want to shake your hand and sell to somebody that'll appreciate it.

There's alot of DIY kits from Bohlender Graebenr (sp?) and Eminence. There are also DIY extremes that aren't for sale for less than a limb. Last year I listened to Magnetar (Mike Bates)'s B-glows. Imagine dual 15" Altec woofers, a 10" TAD mid with a 32" wooden horn and a tweeter(I forget who's) with a 10" horn.

If you're looking for a good DVD player, then this might not be the place. If you're looking for a good pair of speakers or an amp, this is most definately the place. If not for purchase, but for referrence. This is why I put it here.

Audionutt - Did you make that wide-range RatShack plunge yet? You seemed to be on your way.
  • gidrah
    edited December 2002
    Russ - If they have the 4.0 @ $100/pr. again. I will definately pick you up a set. They are paled by hi-end bookshelfs, but @ $100/pr and the sleak inverted horn solid wood style they are an absolute bargain.
  • audionutt
    audionutt Posts: 97
    edited December 2002
    yea i have the parts just been to busy to sit down and pit it all togother yet.

joe
  • gidrah
    edited December 2002
    I'll look for your booth. I'm sure it'll have all the "sold" tags crossed out with "cash only-price reduced"!

Edited for content!
  • gidrah
    edited December 2002
    For those members that don't know, check out the Flea Market section. This guy has ripped other members off. Not me, but after having a couple of great dealings with other members; not to mention his smugness is stealing, a number of us take this personal. We're looking out for everybody's best interest.
  • gidrah
    edited January 2003
    WangoTango68: I hope to see you there. If I'm correct, you're the one that turned me on last year. We'll probably get a room and be there for the duration.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2003
    Seriously Mark, if they have Pi or Norh on the cheap, effin CALL me. I'll email you my ph #.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • gidrah
    edited January 2003
    I'm hoping Pi will be there and am pretty sure nOrh will be. Send your PH#.

I really would love to hear some Pi speakers. They look great and have some major potential. Pretty frickin' inexpensive to boot.

I'm hoping to snag a pair of Edgarhorn Slimlines and some nOrh 4.0s for myself. Maybe a HE10.1 kit from Decware. I'm really looking forward to the flea market room.
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited January 2003
    we only live 45 minutes from lima so ill drive each day.

scott:cool:
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2003
    Got it marked. I may just be visiting my old home town, Cleveland, around then...

May still even be on my Buckeye high...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD