PSW 300 problem

stapless
stapless Posts: 1
edited January 2003 in Troubleshooting
HELP!! Bought RM7300 system 4 years ago. AWESOME system. However, my sub (PSW 300) is not working right anymore. Used to have super tight powerful bass. Now, it's muddy and weak. It has been giving more and more distortion at mid bass frequencies for a couple of months now. I thought at first that a cabinet or picture frame or something was rattling in the room. Not so lucky, though. definately coming from the speaker. I guess I'm a newbie at this, but is that what it means for a driver to wear out? If so, is it unusual for one to be worn out already? how often do they generally need to be replaced? Are they expensive? Thought about taking it in to a dealer. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited January 2003
    Speakers last for a very long time if you treat them well and don't over task them. Sounds like you either have a blow woofer, the amp has died in the sub, or your receiver is on the fritz. Polk usually has a pretty good warranty (5 years on the speaker and 2 years on the amp if i remember) so you may be able to still get it fixed if this is the problem.
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....